Mealworms or Crickets?

• Mealworms

Votes: 343 78.0%
  • Crickets

Votes: 150 34.1%

• Total voters
H

Hacksaw

I would like to only use Mealworms/Superworms. But the vitamins/calcium supplements stick better to crickets. So both for me.

Plus they seem to get a kick out of chasing them.

boywonder

i try to feed a variaty of insects, mealworms, roaches, king mealworms, locust hoppers, and wild caught spiders and moths, as well as the odd fuzzy mouse just before i breed the females, i also use the odd waxworm as a treat fed from long forceps

AntMan612

Mealworms as a staple, dubia roaches 2-3x/week, occasionally, pinkies, superworms, and wax worms. I've put a ban on crickets.

L

Libby15

Crickets

I tried mealies, but picking them up make my hands itch. I sort of suspected I was allergic to them. Herman loves his crickets anyway.

I think it is easier to feed and house crickets if you have only one gecko like me.

L

Lacedolphin

I do both crickets and mealies. I keep mealies in her bowl at all times and at sun down I give her 3 or 4 small crickets since they are her favorite and she loves chasing them. Once the crickets are gone, she will eat a few mealies over the course of the night to fill her up.

Haligren

is behind you.
It's weird how so many people say their gecko loves crickets. For some reason, Tiamat usually turns her nose up at them. She's all about those supers though!

I'd like to try her on some roaches, if I can find any places around here that sell them....

earls413

When we purchased our leo the pet store said we feed them crickets, so that's what we've been feeding him. I went to the store Monday to get some mealworms and they said their in shortage and gave me wax worms. I've never fed any kind of worm to my gecko so I'm unsure what's ok and how many to give him. HELP!

V

Vyeguy

i am trying to lean my guys off crickets and onto mealwirms but one is being picky like normal and wont eat them. the other will only eat them if tong feed

G

gothkenny

I feed crickets and pheonix worms but as he gets older I plan on getting superworms too. I would feed mealworms but they're not avalible to me at the moment.

D

DLS Reptile

I feed only mealworms. The main reason I do not like crickets is due to the fact that they will eat leo droppings. Even if you clean cages every day they will still seek this out and try to eat it. crickets will run through the poop as well, causing the geckos to injest its own droppings. Mealworms are nice and clean and stay right in the bowl.:) but then again this is just me as I am very fanatical about there cleanliness..

H

htadothk

My leos like both. Crix do smell but I love listening to their chirps :)

loulovespat

i feed my gecko mealworms and crickets... i give him mealworms in the morning so i no hes eaten.. and i just pop so crickets in so he hunt them

Spooki

caffeine zombie
my gecko is getting mostly crickets now because he's getting too fat. he prefers mealies by far. he gets some superworms in the mix too.

crickets are a pain to feed him though, if i don't pull off the antennae he runs into his cave and refuses to hunt. such a spoiled gecko...

Ciprion

I feed crix for now...wont touch mealies with a 10 foot pole....1 waxer every 2 weeks and might order some phoenix or silkies just to try out but i am crossing over to dubias soon! Cant wait for the shift!

R

R.E.F

No one of mine eats crickets, but the love small and super mealworms :p :D

Visit our friends