Morph combos

AshTheEGoth

I have a leopard gecko who is possibly Mack snow, jungle, and blizzard (male), and will hopefully acquire a Creamsicle (male) and was wondering what I should pair with them. At most I will be getting 3-4 females.
This is my current male, Sihtric.
20221222_110840.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Technically, he may be an aberrant rather than a jungle because it looks as if the body bands and not the tail bands are broken, but it doesn't really matter because he'll produce offspring that may express the whole range of striping. In my opinion, if you're not sure whether your gecko is a Mack snow or het for blizzard, your first step would be to pair him with females that will allow you to be sure of his genetics, specifically, a non-snow female (if you don't get any mack snows then he's not a mack snow) and a blizzard female.
Beyond that, I feel that your best bet is to figure out what you want to produce, what you have to work with in that male, and what you're missing to achieve what you want to produce. If you don't have a good understanding of dominant, recessive, heterozygous, homozygous, and line bred, you need to learn about it (see articles below).
I also highly recommend that, if you're new to breeding, you start very modestly, maybe with a male and a few females. Producing 50 offspring or more the first year is a challenge to house, feed and also deal with if there are deformities or other medical problems.
Here are some articles I wrote long ago for Gecko Time that may be helpful:

Aliza

AshTheEGoth

Technically, he may be an aberrant rather than a jungle because it looks as if the body bands and not the tail bands are broken, but it doesn't really matter because he'll produce offspring that may express the whole range of striping. In my opinion, if you're not sure whether your gecko is a Mack snow or het for blizzard, your first step would be to pair him with females that will allow you to be sure of his genetics, specifically, a non-snow female (if you don't get any mack snows then he's not a mack snow) and a blizzard female.
Beyond that, I feel that your best bet is to figure out what you want to produce, what you have to work with in that male, and what you're missing to achieve what you want to produce. If you don't have a good understanding of dominant, recessive, heterozygous, homozygous, and line bred, you need to learn about it (see articles below).
I also highly recommend that, if you're new to breeding, you start very modestly, maybe with a male and a few females. Producing 50 offspring or more the first year is a challenge to house, feed and also deal with if there are deformities or other medical problems.
Here are some articles I wrote long ago for Gecko Time that may be helpful:

Aliza
Thank you so much! Love the articles.

Visit our friends