New gecko issues?

Gecoo

Hello all!

I recently bought a albino juv leo gecko, and so far, he's pretty okay, but there's some things I'm a bit concerned of.

He arrived this morning, and after being in a box all day and night, I figured hes just tired, but it's always good to be sure.

He's very sleepy, opens his eyes for just a few seconds just to see what the sounds in the room are, but lays right back down to sleep again.

His name is Reptar, and will soon be settled into his new home, with plenty of hiding places and no sand as he's still pretty young. IMG_20190702_143033347.jpg IMG_20190702_110659845.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Nice looking gecko! Give him some time (at least a week) to settle in. It's not unusual for a new gecko to have different behaviors before it settles down which could include moving around the cage all the time or just as likely sleeping or hiding all the time. Make sure the lights aren't too bright since it's an albino and may have sensitive eyes.

Aliza

CourtneyZach

I recommend not placing him in sand at all due to impaction. Maybe to help him be more comfortable place some paper towel down as a substrate for him since he’s just a baby.

Then when more grown, perhaps think of doing a reptile carpet or a tile substrate. Way easier to clean then sand and better for the gecko!

Any update on this little guy?

Visit our friends