New Job -- And the Leo side effect -- Please help

Airilith

Well as some of you know I just graduated from Virginia Tech in May. I got a job in the poultry industry and just moved in last week. My boss and I had conversed about housing (as I'm living in the company house) and pet policies multiple times in the 6 months before I moved. I told him about both my dog and my geckos three times. The first time I mentioned it he said that he would have to double check with the head vet that geckos were allowed. Twice after that he told me that I could have them in the house and it would not be a problem. Well it turns out he lied.

When I moved in a week ago he came over to check on me and make sure I didn't need any help. He saw the geckos in the room and made some comments on them. Yesterday he told me that he wanted to have breakfast with me this morning. This morning we had breakfast and told me that he indeed hadn't checked with the vet until a few days ago and that the lizards were a biosecurity threat. I have a week to remove them from the house.

I've been angry before, but this is ridiculous. I have one week to rehome 10 leos. I was so close to telling him off. He even had the nerve to ask me what I was thinking after he told me I had to get rid of all of them.

So it boils down to I need leo homes fast. I'm located on the Eastern Shore of MD. If you're close by please let me know. Paul and Frank I know you two are in NJ and NY (if my memory serves). I will be up there this weekend. If you can help me out I'd truly appreciate it.

I have never shipped before and have no idea how to. So ideally I would like to do drop offs if I can, and I'm willing to drive a fair bit. I have family in Delaware, so if you're there or in eastern PA I could probably meet you somewhere.

As to what leos I have. I have 6 baby mack snows, 2 baby super snows, 1 adult super snow male (Link), and one adult mack snow het bell female (Shana). The hatchlings were incubated for female and are the offspring of the super snow and mack snow het bell mentioned above.

These are my kids, and my heart is breaking as I'm sitting here typing this. I know that y'all here on the board will give them the homes and loving care that they deserve.

Being as I have no internet yet at my new house this posting will be hard. My SO has the net so I'll have him checking this for me when I can't. PM me with any questions.

I appreciate any and all help you can provide.

Thanks everyone!

PS - I also have five ten gallon tanks; each with their own UTH, tile, and two hides. Let me know if you'd like any of them as well.

Last edited:

Ccrashca069

That really bite big time. I am so sorry you have to give up your leopard geckos. If you could ship I would take a few of them for you. I think with other deals I have going I can find money to pay for shipping. Let me know.

Arctic16

I would be thrilled to possibly take a gecko (with tank) off your hands. I live in New Jersey so there's the question of meeting up. Also how much were you looking for as far as compensation for your babies? Sorry to be so blunt in asking but I'm on a tight budget but always looking for a new gecko!:D

B

brad.a.c

I'm so sorry to hear that!:bigcry: I hope you can find good homes for them!

marineman26

im sorry to hear that, totally is just a shame. I just wish I was closer I would love to have some mack snows.

rhino43grr

HERE WE GO STEELERS
i'm in cambridge md now, moving to easton in august. i can take as many as my fiancee will allow. i already have a vacant 50 gallon tank that could house a few (it's 48" x 12" x 18") i'll just need to get stuff set up and buy a uth and thermostat for it.
you can just PM me with anything relating to your geckos, i'll run the situation by justine but i can't imagine she'll refuse to let me help you out.

Airilith

Hey Andrew I shot you a PM. You need to get back to me asap, because I'm leaving for NJ around 4am tomorrow morning.

The adults seem to be the ones I'm having the hardest time rehoming. If anyone's interested in them please let me know. Link's been bred and did a great job. Shana could use a season off. This season took a lot out of her, but she's still at 45grams. So ideally I'd like her to go as a pet.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
G

GeckoTeach

I'm in York Pa and would certainly be willing to help you out. I would need to know a bit more, as we are on a budget, not sure what you would want for them. What morphs are the adults? I would much rather an older one than a younger one. Our youngest one gave me a run for my money. Difficulties with eatting etc.

Airilith

Thanks everyone for being so helpful. I think all of the kids have homes now, though the last four are still be arranged. If anything changes I'll let y'all know.

From the bottom of my heart I thank all of you for your help and support. Without y'all I'd be going nuts. This has been a horribly stressful time for me and you have helped me through it tremendously.

Most Sincerely,
Jessica

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. If you still need help finding homes for any, let me know. I will be back in NJ on Thursday the 3rd. I am in Puerto Rico alot for work lately.

paulnj

Sorry I too missed this thread, but Jesse(tech girl) told me of your need to rehome, but I didn't see the tread.I would surely help you in you problem in any way I could.

Arctic16

Glad to have helped, the cutie little mack snow is settling into her new home nicely. She even had a couple of worms on the first night here. I've been rearranging her tank trying to get a good setup and she seems happy, very active and exploring everywhere. I'm going away to North Carolina for a week and when I get back I'm going to go out and make a nice permanent setup for the baby.

I'm so glad we met up and I was able to give this little cutie a good home!

Visit our friends