New Leo Owner

LoveMyLeo

Hi guys, I'm Leese. I became the proud mummy of a beautiful mack snow (I think) a couple of months ago. His (I was told it's a male, but I know it's difficult to sex when they're young) name is Mojo and I'm totally in love with him. He's not used to handling yet, but we're slowly getting there. He's only nipped me once, but that was my own fault for not picking him up right.

From what I was told, his birthday is in June so he's still a temperamental little juvenile.

I'm not completely new to reptiles as my parents own corn snakes and bearded dragons, and my sister has a ball python, but this is the first reptile I've owned myself. I've always wanted a gecko but had to be sure that I could afford all of the necessities before committing to giving one a home. I researched a lot and set up his viv before bringing him home and he seems pretty content in there with lots of places to hide :)

He seems to prefer mealworms to crickets, which is a relief, because I was having a hard time getting just a few crickets out at a time after buying in bulk!

Here's my little baby!

mojo1.jpg
mojo2.jpg

And his viv:

20151122_101548-1.jpg

I've been browsing these forums for quite a while but for some reason never received the confirmation email the first time I signed up, but decided to try again with a different email address. I'm sure I'll be able to get the answers to any questions that might come up from all you fellow gecko lovers!

JessJohnson87

Welcome to GF! I love that set-up, is the floor of the tank tile/slate or is that what the floor looks like? Either way it looks cool. "He" looks really healthy, have you tried to flip him over at all to see if he has bulges at the base of his tail and pre-anal pores?

LoveMyLeo

The floor is slate tiles that I bought from a local hardware store. I tried to get a style that was as rock-like as possible, haha. I'm not able to flip him over at the moment as he's still very jumpy and skittery when being handled but I have noticed what seems to be a bulge at the base of his tail when I put him into his little aquarium while I'm cleaning out the viv.

I got a new water bowl for him today which kind of has little steps up to it and he seems to be enjoying it. He's decided he likes walking through the water like a little paddling pool :D

I changed the decorations around a little bit, too, so he's having fun exploring.
(The water bowl is in the bottom right)

v1v.jpg

Last edited:

Visit our friends