New to site and I need advice...

Alaskankomodo

Hi im new to forums and this website. I recently was told by a friend that if ever needed advice on reptile related questions, a forum would be my best bet. Recently I've noticed one of crested geckos has a slight budge in his eye. Its not very noticeable, but looking carefully, its quite obvious. At first I thought he had glaucoma or a cataract, but I was overreacting(something every novice reptile owner will do.) So after researching for eye related problems that the Rhacodactylus ciliatus species can experience, I theorized he simply sustained an injury while climbing his cage. But as I am not 100 percent sure this may be it, I thought it be best to ask in a forum. Take a look at the pictures i have included showing his left normal eye, and his abnormal puffy eye (if you were looking from his perspective). Also I believe he has complete heterochromia: (two fully formed eyes with different coloration in each eye) though I could be wrong. Please offer any ideas or advice on this. :)

Alaskankomodo

Hi im new to forums and this website. I recently was told by a friend that if ever needed advice on reptile related questions, a forum would be my best bet. Recently I've noticed one of crested geckos has a slight budge in his eye. Its not very noticeable, but looking carefully, its quite obvious. At first I thought he had glaucoma or a cataract, but I was overreacting(something every novice reptile owner will do.) So after researching for eye related problems that the Rhacodactylus ciliatus species can experience, I theorized he simply sustained an injury while climbing his cage. But as I am not 100 percent sure this may be it, I thought it be best to ask in a forum. Take a look at the pictures i have included showing his left normal eye, and his abnormal puffy eye (if you were looking from his perspective). Also I believe he has complete heterochromia: (two fully formed eyes with different coloration in each eye) though I could be wrong. Please offer any ideas or advice on this. :)

fl_orchidslave

Welcome to GF. Eye issues are tricky and can become infected quickly. Your best bet is to take your gecko to a qualified reptile vet. If you're in Alaska, as your name would lead me to suspect, finding a reptile vet in your area may be impossible. Next best thing would be to contact some in BC and see if you can work out something thru email and telephone. Some vets telephone consult with other vets as well to help their clients.

Visit our friends