Ok, so for my next leo . .

Latlaw

I[m already thinking about my fourth and final (yeah, who am I kidding) gecko even though I just got my 3rd less than a month ago. My 3 are all very different in looks from each other--all gorgeous of course! I am thinking about a patternless albino looking one or light orange one--solid color-not sure what morph is called.

BUT I this time I would like to find one that is already quite tame or friendly--actually likes to be held and around people. My 3 are 7 month--male and two 3 mos girls and they are pretty skittish still. Well, the 7 month old is calming more and I am working on the babies but it seems to be a slow process for taming. Don't get me wrong--I love them and they are so fascinating and fun to have but I'd love to get a more mature one that is already very hand-tamed and calm.

gmaier19

solid orange would be a super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldy (shtctb).

all three of your geckos are really young and most leos are skittish when they are younger. getting a tame gecko might be as simple as getting an older one. in time with handling, all of your geckos will be much more tame.

in your case i wouldnt get a blizzard, they have somewhat of a reputation for their attitudes and might need more time to warm up to you.

i would look through the classifieds section and get an older gecko that someone describes as having a "sweet disposition" or something similar. or you could always wait for the next reptile show in your area and ask to hold the gecko before you buy it to make sure its really chilled out too.

hope that helps.

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
You can't stop once you start! LOL!

All of our available geckos are very calm, very sweet. I agree with above, I think it's a matter of getting an older one, at least a year old. When you're ready to buy your "fourth and final", ask how often that gecko has been handled, disposition, personality, etc.

Good luck!! :D

Visit our friends