Orange Belly and Feet Super Snow?

Neo.Reptiliac

I understand it could be a stain, I just dont know what could be staining her if it is. After I get some batteries today for my camera I will take some more photos of her enclosure.

dean

I have one juvenile that refuses to go into a moist hide, period. if the hide dries enough, she will. Anyways, a couple of times she has had shedding issues when i was out of town a few days. her underside would look very similar, and not readily appear to be un-shed. If I isolated her in a high humidity tub overnight, it would look even more noticeable, till the shed came away....? All are on std paper towel, moss hide, she is the only one that would look this way out of 30+...
dean

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
If Not Cheetos.

I'm going to throw this out there, just in case.
My no egging geckos all have humid hides
with all white paper towels in them.
I notice if I flip the towel paper over when
I mist them that the bottom side shows orange color.
I'm assuming caused from the UTH source below.
I have never seen any color on my geckos
but yet I have not been turning them and
looking for it.
Still think it may be cheetos.
Take care. Hj

P

Paco

IT's the Peat Moss doing the Staining. One of the MANY reasons I do not use it.

I am 100% sure thats what it is. Had the Same issue with my NOVA Male when I first Got him.

I got some to replace my normal substrate and noticed some staining.

Found a New Substrate (NON MESSY) that I doing some testing on, to make sure it will work out OK but looks promising for sure.

Neo.Reptiliac

IT's the Peat Moss doing the Staining. One of the MANY reasons I do not use it.

I am 100% sure thats what it is. Had the Same issue with my NOVA Male when I first Got him.

I got some to replace my normal substrate and noticed some staining.

Found a New Substrate (NON MESSY) that I doing some testing on, to make sure it will work out OK but looks promising for sure.
I might agree with you if it wasnt for the fact she hasnt had access to peat moss since her last shed. And when she shedded she didnt have this coloring. I take out the moist hide after they shed and dont put it back in till they need to shed again. Reason why is cause the containers they are in are too small (shoe box containers) to have 2 hides. And I rather them not use a moist hide as a regular hide. So it comes out and a regular hide goes in till they are ready to shed again.

Shadraak

do you use herpivite or anything that hs it in it, that has a lot of beta caratine (sp?), smells like fish food, that stains the heck out of everything hehe. if that's in the stuff more than likely the issue :D.

CSMGecko

Quality Leopard Geckos
I have skimmed through all the replies and everyone seems to think staining, but what if it isn't staining. I agree that the first conclusion is staining but Neo says that it couldn't be from the cage so the next step is "what, if anything has she come in contact with outside of the cage?" Then if it is not staining, maybe it's a fluke thing coming out because of having the RAPTOR gene. I wouldn't imagine but until it gets proved that it is in fact staining then you can't just simply cast it off to the side. That's my opinion anyways.

Neo.Reptiliac

I know one thing for sure. I cant wait to see how this turns out. If it is staining then of course I will be disappointed. But if its not then I think it will be really neat. I'm working with the man who sold me her and the others. Working on getting the father from him to these to see if its a genetic thing. Since so far 2 offspring from him have showed orange spots in one way or another on the body. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the father cause the mothers to my geckos aren't the same for every gecko.

Visit our friends