Plant Lighting?

coleM

Hi! I am new to the reptile world and will soon be introducing a crestie into a bio active setup i will be building myself. Through my research I’ve discovered UVB isn’t necessary for cresties. But I do plan on having plants such as pothos, snake plants, bromeliads & nerve plants in the setup. I only have a 24W 5.0 UVB available for these plants. I will have them exposed to some sun light via a large window on the other side of them room they’ll be in. I know I should go to a plant forum I suppose. But I’m wondering if anyone has had success with these plants using this lighting or if I should invest in something stronger?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've been fine with that. Some plants just won't thrive because of humidity, temperature or who knows what else. I've had very good luck with Pothos and bromiliads. At the moment, I'm using Feit grow lights on most of my cages. Here's their website with the lights: https://www.feit.com/collections/grow-lights
I get 12" or 24" LED lights in the fixture (they can be hooked together). The 12"one is only about $25 at Home Depot.

Aliza

GryphKat

The research I've run across on UVB lights, for any geckos that tends not to be out much during the day, individual they don't need UVB or UVA. At the same time they do thrive better when these are provided at low levels.

Visit our friends