Raptor stizzuff

A

aaron hunt

I have a 50% snake eyed tremper jungle albino 100% het raptor. I did not produce it out of any of my clutches but she is a sight. she looks crosseyed. I will have to get some pics to post for every one to see.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
aaron hunt said:
I have a 50% snake eyed tremper jungle albino 100% het raptor. I did not produce it out of any of my clutches but she is a sight. she looks crosseyed. I will have to get some pics to post for every one to see.

Please do!

A

aaron hunt

Here they are, they are only about 40% snake eyed.tell me what you all think. -Aaron
jt3.jpg

jt4.jpg

jt2.jpg

jt1.jpg

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Matt I was refering to the eyes, not the pattern. They do not have to be "Patternless", to also have the solid eyes or snake eyes. I thought when you say "RAPTOR" you mean it has the solid or even "snake eyes".

snake eyed tremper jungle albino 100% het raptor.
That cant be, the gecko in the picture is allready displaying the "RAPTOR" (Eclipse)gene. Some of them just do not have fully solid eyes.

Im just trying to let it be known here, this goes to nooone in particular. I am receiving e-mails from many, and people seem to think an Eclipse is different from a red eyed albino. The red eyes on the RAPTORs are the albino expression of the eclipse`s eyes, nothing more.

Eclipse = solid or snake eyes, that are black.

Ruby Eyed Albino = solid or snake eyes, that are red.

The only thing that controls if it is red or black, is the albino gene

Last edited:
A

aaron hunt

so is she then only het aptor, because she already shows the eyes and not the pattern?

GroovyGeckos.com

Aaron, yes that would make her 'het' APTOR. It is actually a combination of genes, rather than one single recessive gene from the looks of everything going on with the APTOR/RAPTOR line. So it may be more 'correct' to say they 'carry the genes for' "Patternless".

What was the mother of the Snake Eyed Jungle Albino? Is she from the APTOR/RAPTOR line, or a cross?

A

aaron hunt

sorry Dan im not to sure but i will find out, so if i breed her to raptor all the babies should come out expressing the eclipse mutation, 50% should express both pattern and eclipsed eyes? the other 50% should express only the eyes and who know what kind of kind of pattern thell have? any thoughts of possable breeding out comes any one??? this will be fun to work with.

GroovyGeckos.com

Yes they will be fun to work with for sure!:main_yes: Almost no two will be alike, and yes you should be able to get a mixture of Eclipse/ RAPTOR with varying patterns.

Last year we hatched what I think was the worlds first Red Eyed Jungle. She is pictured. Yours is only the second (or maybe third) Jungle to be seen w/ the eye mutation present, so I really think we will be able to have them in any pattern.:)

T

TripleMoonsExotic

GroovyGeckos.com said:
Im just trying to let it be known here, this goes to nooone in particular. I am receiving e-mails from many, and people seem to think an Eclipse is different from a red eyed albino. The red eyes on the RAPTORs are the albino expression of the eclipse`s eyes, nothing more.

Eclipse = solid or snake eyes, that are black.

Ruby Eyed Albino = solid or snake eyes, that are red.

The only thing that controls if it is red or black, is the albino gene

Which is why (in my opinion) the "Red-Eye" term that has been coined should be dropped and Eclipse simply be used when referring to the eyes in these animals. It seems the mutations involved with the RAPTOR is being over complicated. It either has Eclipse eyes, or it doesn't. It either is Albino, or it isn't. It either is "Patternless", or it isn't.

I think maybe a new word for the Patternless that is being seen in the mutations needs to be used. That way their is no confusion with the recessive Patternless that has already been identified & established.

I'm a Thesaurus junky and couldn't come up with anything that described the Patternless seen in RAPTORs. :main_huh:

LeosForLess

TripleMoonsExotic said:
Which is why (in my opinion) the "Red-Eye" term that has been coined should be dropped and Eclipse simply be used when referring to the eyes in these animals. It seems the mutations involved with the RAPTOR is being over complicated. It either has Eclipse eyes, or it doesn't. It either is Albino, or it isn't. It either is "Patternless", or it isn't.

I think maybe a new word for the Patternless that is being seen in the mutations needs to be used. That way their is no confusion with the recessive Patternless that has already been identified & established.

I'm a Thesaurus junky and couldn't come up with anything that described the Patternless seen in RAPTORs. :main_huh:
I agree, because people are trying to sells normals with a RAPTOR parent for 200-300 dollars, we dont want people buying a normal her albino for way more than its worth.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
LeosForLess said:
I agree, because people are trying to sells normals with a RAPTOR parent for 200-300 dollars, we dont want people buying a normal her albino for way more than its worth.

Good call!!

A

aaron hunt

sorry dan it took so long to get back w/ you reguarding the parents, they were both het raptor it turns out. so breedingher to a raptor this year we will see if she carries the patternless (aptor) gene.

Visit our friends