Second and third generation of Black Pearls...

livingartgeckos

livingartgeckos
Hi,

I would like to present you second and third generation of BP's. Super Hypo BP on first picture is so solid black that shining on photo light :main_yes: Now we are almost sure that's simple recessive mutation.

Iwona&Konrad
www.livingartgeckos.com

nats

WOW! I want one of those too!!!
I have been keeping my eye on this morph project with
keen interest, and this is about the nicest example I have
seen so far. I havent seen any breeders in the US with PB"s
this complete.

How long did it take to create that??

I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT ME ME ME ME ME !!!!!!! :main_laugh:

Halley

nats said:
I havent seen any breeders in the US with PB"s
this complete.

How long did it take to create that??

I don’t believe there are any black pearls in the U.S. or anywhere else but in Konrad’s collection. As far as I know he hasn’t sold any. I also believe that a zoo received them as wild caught imports and Konard made a deal with them, so they aren’t technically a result of line breed (in captivity at least) but more so a result of natural selection.

Please, correct me if I’m wrong.

Awesome, animals by the way!

Halley

livingartgeckos said:
Now we are almost sure that's simple recessive mutation.QUOTE]

I just saw this. The black in them is simple recessive, and not polygenetic? To that all I can say is YAHOO, finally something that will hold value for a little while.

Can you post pictures of some normals from this project? I’m just very curious about this project.

SS-Reptirella

beautiful! if you come to sell a female made me sign because I have a male black and I was desperate female to the task.

Dragoon Gecko

I don’t believe there are any black pearls in the U.S. or anywhere else but in Konrad’s collection.

Lottiz from Artlinksgeckos is working on her "Black velvets", too :).
And in my "Four Eyed" Project, I also hatch out some few very dark hatchlings in almost every generation over the past years. Both Lottiz and Lotta got some of them for testbreeding in 2007 and 2008.

I absolutely love both black pearls and black velvets, and I think both Konrad and Lottiz are working on something very special, and do amazing work.
BTW huge congrats to this stunning babys Konrad :main_thumbsup:!!
/Rebecca

Last edited:

Visit our friends