Second and third generation of Black Pearls...

nats

I don’t believe there are any black pearls in the U.S. or anywhere else but in Konrad’s collection. As far as I know he hasn’t sold any. I also believe that a zoo received them as wild caught imports and Konard made a deal with them, so they aren’t technically a result of line breed (in captivity at least) but more so a result of natural selection.

Please, correct me if I’m wrong.

Awesome, animals by the way!

That's interesting, thanks for the info :main_thumbsup:

I still want one :main_yes:

Halley

OhioGecko said:
Do they hold the black as they reach adult age?

This is one of my questions as well. Do they tend to hold the black, gain more black, or loose most of it with age?

Isis

If this is the 3th generation, there had to be some previous, innit? :)

The hypo is stunning, and the fact that this trait is recessive... wow, this will boost the amount of possibilities to cross geckos! Just think about a black enigma or a MSS black pearl :)

Is Lolitz's black velvet trait also recessive? I thought it is polygenic? Pearls look a lot better than the offspring of velvets so far...

LeapinLizards

It's a BEAUT Clark!
I am amazed at how gorgeous these geckos are! I've been following the BP and BV projects pretty closely, and the geckos being produced are absolutely stunning! I think in the next few years there will be some breathtaking offspring, if only I had the pocketbook to get my hands on one!!!:main_yes:

nats

I'll bet whoever the first breeder is in the US to start selling these, they will have a hugh waiting list! (with my name on the very top!!) :main_yes:

crotaphytidae

I'm blown away by those, and I have to repeat everyone else and say I gotta have one. Just imagine that crossed with the enigma, oh the possiblities. :2thumbsup:

nats

I'm blown away by those, and I have to repeat everyone else and say I gotta have one. Just imagine that crossed with the enigma, oh the possiblities. :2thumbsup:

I was just thinking the same thing :D

Also, a BP with a carrot tail!! :main_yes:

Awesome, simply awesome!!

geckoqueen

Skunk Gecko's

I seen something like this in the pet store but they are called Skunk Gecko's, they were black and white, from what I could see of them. :)
I could send some of you Skunk gecko's if you like. LOL. Hope they don't smell.

geckoqueen

Skunk Gecko

2669863920_a95ca09967.jpg

I guess not as black as these, it was hard to tell as they were hiding. I got pic form yahoo, not mine.

Lottiz

Black Velvet
Very nice hatchlings, Konrad!!!
I got a bad year and can't show any dark hatchlings at all, but I know from last year mine hatch yellow/black or white/black and become darker and darker in age.

You must have a lot of adults to show us, can you please add some pics??

-Lottiz

Visit our friends