should i put my gecko to sleep

mouso1415

my little gecko is so skinny really thin tail wont eat at all i been force feeding her and she still wont poop or anything all she does is sit in the humid hide

mouso1415

been force feeding her for atleast a week i mixed baby food chicken with water and anti parasite meal and anti bacteria meal so it can kill all that stuff the temps are around 93 on the warm and cool is around the 70s i think and the 2 other girls shes with are doing good except her

Daidra

what is your substrate as if you are force feeding her and she still isn't pooping then she may be impacted and also whats in the humid hide and you still should try seperating her from the other 2 as she could be getting bullied.

pkrtech

I would lower the hot side too around 90, move him/her to secluded tank, make sure the hides in the tank on hot and cool side provide complete darkness.

Then after 24 hours try to feed again.

If nothing soak him/her in warm water for 15 minutes, try to feed in 24rs.

Last edited:

THE WHISPERER

If seperation doesn't help maybe try switching up the food. i had a few that wouldn,t eat worms, i threw crickets in there and they eat like pigs.

Krow

With her separated, put in a bowl of mealies & put a few crickets in, make sure to count the worms & crix & later that day count them again & see if any are missing. Dont handle her to much, it could be that shes stressed from living with other geckos, & they could have been bullying her. Also, buy "Jump Start" food, maybe that would work for her, & does she have a calcium dish?? Also I would try giving her a slighty warm soak once every 2-3 weeks. Good luck with her :)

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
Definitely separate her from the others. I would leave the temps where you have them. I have some that thinned out when I switched feeders and I have to get them back to good weight as well. You can try something like Zilla Jump-Start, Fluker's Repti-Aid, or Marcia's Slurry to put some weight on her. If you Google any of those you should find them easy. You can find the recipe for Marcia's Slurry right here on GF: http://www.geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=19356 I wish you luck.

Visit our friends