So if blizzards are feisty, what types are considered calm, docile, and friendly?

Latlaw

I'm looking to purchase a new female at the Sacramento Reptile show and I'm realizing that they really have distinctly different personalities. My 6 month male is very shy but lets me hold him and my little 2 month baby girl is much braver but doesn't let me hold her yet--she even hissed and snapped at me!

During feeding, she rushes right out after I've put the worms in and gobbles them down where my male will wait until I've left the room and slowly creep out to eat.

What types are known to be friendly and easygoing?

robin

from what i hear tremper albinos and patternless, also patternless albinos but other than the blizzards (for the most part) any gecko can have a good temperament. remember though at show the geckos are generally cooler than normaly so they are a bit slower than normal.

G

gekko.gurl

I would say my one SHT. Is the most relaxed. Then my Bell. However, I've seen very relaxed gecko's in all different morphs. I think honestly, it just comes down to how much time you spend with them. Granted, my SHT I basically ignored beside feeding and etc...and she's great!

daveim

cats, dogs, lizards, etc.
yeah, but all these people's geckos are just random data- you can't take a single person's word for it. You have to make a plot and see if you can get a regression line with a low residual:deal2::D

Bellalee

Lol @ Dave..

It depends on the gecko.. my normal is a brat. My sunglow croaks at me continuously.

And my raptor and tremper.. are like.. meh.. whatever.

Each gecko has their own personality.

G

Gonser

I've found tangs to have the calmest temperament. Sunglows are great too.

Latlaw

yeah, but all these people's geckos are just random data- you can't take a single person's word for it. You have to make a plot and see if you can get a regression line with a low residual:deal2::D

hehehee. Ok, I am really new at the leo gecko's so please help me! What do all these initials mean?? Are the tang's the orangee looking ones? Those are pretty and I'm leaning toward one of those . . .really I guess it is in the handling and inherit personality of each one. I am finding these geckos sooo interesting!

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I don't have an answer to this, since all my geckos allow me to pick them up and give them kisses. But to me, my high yellows and tangs seem smarter than the albinos.

ajveachster

hehehee. Ok, I am really new at the leo gecko's so please help me! What do all these initials mean?? Are the tang's the orangee looking ones? Those are pretty and I'm leaning toward one of those . . .really I guess it is in the handling and inherit personality of each one. I am finding these geckos sooo interesting!

There are a lot of different orangee looking ones. Tangs means tangerine. SHT means super hypo tangerine. If there are any extra letters like CTB then it is a carrot tail baldy. You should be able to find many different tangerines to pick from, and most of them reasonably priced for a good pet. My friendliest gecko has to be my Reverse Stripe Tremper. She actually begs to be handled. For something you want to handle a lot I might suggest staying away from the enigmas. I know some people have sweethearts that they adore, but my experience with them is that sometimes they can be a bit skittish and sometimes have a temper. If you need more assistance with the abbreviations I would suggest going to the leopard gecko wiki. You will be able to find out all about different morph abbreviations there.

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
All of our blizzards are mellow. We did have this one male we got from someone on here...lol...you know who you are! :) We were warned...needless to say "pit-bull" is in Sweden now...

Visit our friends