Some of what happening here at LL.

Select Gex

Robin, the only thing that stands out to me is a gray overlay on the back, and a white tummy when hatching. As well as the light stripe along the spine. And finally, what about the blue heads blizzards have when hatching?

robin

that one has blue "eyeshadow".. they all do not have the blue all the way up in the head but they do have that "eyeshadow" effect and i have seen this grey overlay on many blizards and the stripe as well... so thats what i dont get how do you really know its a SSB?
ask some of the breeders whom have bred allot of blizzards... these "traits" are common found in normal blizzards as well. if he thinks it's one thats great but until he breeds it to a normal and proves it out he can not be for certain.
this kinda reminds be of the patternless blizzard crosses. people were breeding them and hatching out more yellow blizzards assuming they were dble homo for the traits when in fact they were just yellow blizzards. to date the only one that i know for a fact that had one and proved it out was kelli

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
See that this particular gecko came from mack to mack crossing the chance of getting a blizzard with 2 totally black eyes and it not being a snow would be unlikely(not impossible). And yes everything is in the works for being "proved out" I have been doing this a long time and would not sell anything I was no sure on the genetics, especially something relatively new to the market. This particular leo hatched identically to a super in appearance, stripe and all(not blue/grey head). The stripe on his back has faded some but is still there. I have never seen a regular blizzard with a stripe. Another difference is the 2 tone of the back and belly. THe belly is very white and there is a distinct line dividing the back and the stomach, most blizards are uniform in colors regarding the back and chest.

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
Ok i have decided to post some more pics to hopefully get some more discussion on this snow topic and possibly shed some light at the same time. The first pic is normal blizzards( I know alot of you have seen these but makes for a good comparison). The next 2 pics are blizzard snows that hatched and need to be tested to see if they are blizzards or snows. The next pics is a baby pic of the SSbliz, not the stripe, eyes, and no typical head pattern of a blizzard(basically looks like a Super snow). The last pic is the same leo alittle older. And then of course a current pic is on the first post here.
It is hard to tell some of these features from pics, and alot of it is seeing them in person(but that is why these are a hard morph). But as you can see these blizzards hatched with no typical patterns of the blizzards in compared to head and eyes. Of course everyone is being tested, but it would be very shocking is the SSbliz turns out normal blizzard.

Last edited:

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I'm with ya Pat. There's clearly a difference between them all and I think your pics show that. It's gonna be a long wait on these...

Visit our friends