Stressed or Inquisitive?

ammr3b

My gecko is a 5 year old female and I am trying to decide if she was stressed or just really curious during handling tonight. Let me preface by saying she is usually a very quiet gecko as well as very social and tolerant.
When I took her out tonight she didn’t run from me but did give one loud squeak as I was taking her out. While I had her out she was partially fired up (she is light olive when relaxing, light yellow when asleep, olive with dark brown when stimulated, and orangish red when very upset) and chirping. At first I figured she was chirping because she was stressed by handling tonight (something that rarely happens) but I don’t feel like her body language matched that. Her breathing was slow and deep, she was slowly hand walking or sitting with the occasional leap onto higher parts of my lap, and had normal neck bobbing. What do you guys think? Scared or just feeling excited to explore?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've now heard many stories about crested geckos who have their calm moments and their hyper moments. I've noticed more of a range of reactions from my oldest crestie, Spencer, who is 15. I'm guessing it's in the normal range of behavior.

Aliza

Visit our friends