LadyGecko

Take good care of yourself and get better Marcia

Everybody needs some personal time once in a while

Come back when you are feeling better

You will be missed

:main_yes:

ancpythons

Marcia,

Get some much needed rest and we look forward to hearing from you when you come back..... We all love you my friend.

Carlos

Pacific Gecko

Pacific Gecko
Get well soon Marcia! I live so close..you can feel free to let me know if you need any help with anything..feeding/cleaning geckos and whatnot.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
*UPDATE*

I saw the Cardiologist yesterday, and I almost got hospitalized because my blood pressure was 189/102, and my pulse was 119. They have ordered an echocardiogram. I already have had several EKG's, a treadmill stress test, and wore a heart monitor for 3 days...and there is no evidence of any heart disease. As a matter of fact, I was told I "must have been very athletic" before I became disabled 5 years ago. My cholesterol, blood-sugar, and everything else are completely normal.

I do have what's called tachacardia (fast heartbeat) complicated with PVC's (premature ventricular contractions) and PAC's (premature atrial contractions). I also had a minor episode of fibrillation, which is what concerns them. It appears that I have an 'electrical' problem in the heart sinus node, which controls the heart rhythm.

They put me on 3 drugs... and ACE inhibitor to stabilize my blood pressure, a BETA-blocker which helps control the heart rhythm, and an anti-anxiety drug (Xanax) for when I need it.

Since yesterday evening, my blood pressure is running around 110/66, and my heart rate is at a steady 68-72 BPM without any irregularities. I actually slept all night... the first time in over 5 weeks!

If this treatment is not effective, there is a chance that I may need surgery where a laser 'zaps' the area of my heart's sinus node to make it work properly... or worst case have a pace-maker implanted. The doctor's didn't feel this was going to be necessary, but at least they told me all of the possibilities.

I have strict instructions to rest and remain as stress-free as possible until I go back to see the Dr. on February 5. This means I will still be taking some time off as the MOGL here on GeckoForums.net, so I'm asking you all to help me by not emailing me or PMing me with Forum issues, complaints, and whine-o-grams for a little while. I am still a gecko breeder, and am always happy to help with any gecko-related stuff!

I love all of you here at GF, and deeply appreciate the calls, emails, posts, and support from all of you while I'm getting well. Thank you.

Eek. Marcia. I know Tamara and I aren't that close. But.. if you need anything. like.. help with taking care of the geckos.. Or just some help around... Give us a call. Take care.

Last edited:

Michelle

Sorry, I only saw this post now! Marcia I wish you all the best. Take care and rest up now. Will be praying for a speedy recovery :heart:

P

PacHerp

Hey Marica,

I'm so glad to hear you had a restful night! :) I hope that is a sign of recovery for you! Stay positive and keep your spirits high, I know you're going to pull through just fine!

thinking of you...

PrototypeGeckos

Wow Marcia, I am so sorry to hear about all of your troubles, but I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and you need to take your time, and think about yourself for awhile, we will all be here with open arms to welcome you back when you are well, I will be praying for you, get well soon.

Visit our friends