Tamikos tummy

steve905

I have a really large male (Tamiko) about 550 grams. Hes 6 years old. I got him from a woman who traveled to much and was having issues caring for him. Hes currently in a 40 gal breeder tank with a hot spot @ 110 and UVB. She fed him beardie bites as a staple diet. I feed crickets, supers, romaine, mustard, and dandelion. Hes lost @ 80 grams since I got him and when I feel his belly there is a hard spot on the lower regions in front of his rear legs. I'm thinking hes impacted. Ive been giving him warm baths 2x a day and feeding him olive oil @ 1 tsp per day, reptaid, and repta aid as well. Any suggestions as to how long I can continue this until its an issue.

Thanks

monkeytechahoo

How long have you had him in which he's lost the 80grams?

I suggest a vet visit because of his known previous caring issues and the "hard spot" on the belly could be something else entirely. Not that I'm knocking the treatment for impaction, but to just be sure.

Our normal morph boy is almost a year old and he's at 567grams right now. So if your boy is really large, then I'd think that 550grams a small weight for him at 6yrs old.

Visit our friends