The Cinnamon Project

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
My Dinker Project!

This is a personal project of mine. I am hoping to prove this to be a case of hypermelanisim. I am breeding them this year. More information is on my website.

Male:
100_0183.jpg

Female:
100_0146-1.jpg

Last edited:

gixxer3420

I see what you are talking about but ive seen many normals that have had different shades of colors. All the normals I have all look different, with different shades of color. I have some that look like yours.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I would love to see pictures of them. At my job I see hundreds of AFTs coming in from Africa and I have seen some dark ones. But never as dark as these guys.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
After looking at the 2 geckos with a friend of mine, we believe there is likly something going on in the "Pewter" which is the female. I believe her to be the 3rd line of anery, and distinguishable from JMG Anery and Oreo (Urban Gecko line). The Cinnamon male is possibly something special, but may just be a dark normal. Updates on my site now.

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
I commend your quest for a new fattie morph!! But i must agree we have a bunch of WC animals that look like that. Maybe it is something, pics can lie. Animals can look much different in person, but on this side of the computer they appear as normal fatties of the darker coloration.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Thanks! I really do believe that there is something there, some sort of anery thing. Look at yellow belly ball pythons, and their potential and they look like a normal!

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Thanks! I really do believe that there is something there, some sort of anery thing. Look at yellow belly ball pythons, and their potential and they look like a normal!

David, we can all believe and have the best intention of having "something new". But the truth is those intentions dont really mean much. If you feel the gecko has different qualities that you like and believe can be reproduced then breed it out and try to prove it out.

You are right, many animals dont really say much as WC and they end up proving out. This is why many people dont officially release projects until they are proven.

I would say you have a nice dark gecko. The macro shot looks really cool and I myself have not seen any CB or WC geckos like that before. I go to Strictlys a couple times a year and look through all the imports.

But thats all it is until proven, a dark gecko.

Good luck trying to prove it out!

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
Here is the only shot i had on hand at the moment. This is a WC male weighing in at 110grams with less then half a tail. We do have more with this same coloration, but dont have pics at the moment

Last edited:

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
That is a very cool gecko! But if you notice mine in greyish, not brown. I maybe shouldn't have released my details so early. Maybe a mod can delete the thread.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Forgot to mention, I work for one of the largest reptile importers and breeders in the country and I have seen hundreds of Fat-tails, none match the way these look. And trust me I see ALOT ALOT ALOT of geckos!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I agree with Alex. There are quite a few unsusual looking wc fattails out there, but until what makes them different is proven to be genetic, it is not considered a morph. Aberrant, yes, but a morph, no. I wish you luck in proving it out, but I have to agree I've seen wcs that look like that as well.

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
I too have seen thousands of WC fattails and Cb Fattails, but yours and mine look identical. I see no grey on your animals at all, maybe its the pic. But it is possible to have a trait that is hard to see, look at fire ballpythons or yellowbellies. But my point is one has to becareful to not call something a trait unless you have not proven yet.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Well she is now gravid, and has had a strange change in color, she is getting red! Her bands are actually slowly changing into a red-ish coloration! I sent Alex some pictures and I am still deciding if I should post them, because they wash he out like crazy! Maybe I will tomorrow.

Visit our friends