Throwing in the towel???

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I definitely think it's cool if you can wholesale to another vendor. I just agree that those geckos shouldn't be marked cheap at the tables. My issue is when I see "breeders" that have just about everything marked for $10-$15 just to make some cash (raptors, enigmas, etc). I'm all for making deals for people. :)

SFgeckos

I think that the key for wholesaling is being SELECTIVE about what is wholesaled and WHO the inventory is being wholesaled to. Occasionally, I do offer wholesale lots to the public but the vast majority of them are sold to quality brokers/vendors that resell them at retail prices. I sell to only knowledgeable people who really care about husbandry and health of the animals they retail. I have turned down many attempts to purchase my animals, even when offered higher prices because of who I would be selling to. I will purposely only sell certain species to particular accounts- for example one guy buys most of my lower end geckos, another person in another region buys most of my pythons, etc. This prevents major competition and helps gains the respect/trust of the people you wholesale to. To last in this industry, creating long term relationships is the key. I've seen so many "bad situations" occur because someone was overwhelmed with inventory and wholesaled groups to one person, then wholesaled groups cheaper to someone right next to them. This will only create tension and the competitive lowering of prices in the long run.

Jon

Last edited:

Visit our friends