URGENT! What am I????

rubym

He/she isn't a leopard but I had hoped that more people would see this if I put it here. I had a lady and man call me yesterday in a panic and asked if they could bring a lizard out to me. They had found him in their backyard. We live in Indiana and it is supposed to be in the low 40"s for the next few nights so the little guy is lucky. I am pretty sure that he is a monitor of some sort but I need to find out what type so we can get him the care that he needs. He is currently staying at a friends house who had an extra 100 gal tank. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me exactly what he is. Thanks for looking!!!!!
100_5038.jpg

100_5037.jpg

100_5035.jpg

p.s he has a really long skinny blackish tongue. He was quite friendly too so he must have been handled alot. They said they went to about 25 houses in their neighborhood and no one claimed him/her.

GeckoGal

GeckoGal
yep, shes a savannah moniter. you can google care sheets, but your gonna need a big cage. she'll get bigger. right now your gonna need to get a nice big heat lamp.

rubym

Thank you so much!!!! She is in a 100 gal tank right now. I am printing out care sheets now.. We are going to keep her long enough to get her to the vet and make sure that she is healthy then probably adopt her to a good home. I cant believe someone would turn the poor thing loose in Indiana. They have to know that she wouldn't make it through the cold months!

rubym

She was. The lady that found her said she ran right up to her in the yard. She must have been handled quite a bit whoever had her before.

Haligren

is behind you.
She was. The lady that found her said she ran right up to her in the yard. She must have been handled quite a bit whoever had her before.

I'm assuming the lady who found her is a fan of reptiles or at least knows a thing or two. I know a lot of people probably would have grabbed a shot gun if they saw something like that heading towards them.

But she looks really cute and friendly. She's fortunate that she found you guys. Shame on whoever let her loose....Unless she somehow got out. I mean, since she seems to have been handled a lot, perhaps someone who had her before really did love her.

How big do Savannah Monitors get anyway? She looks to be a pretty good size already.

Visit our friends