What morph is this leopard gecko?

Rad_reptiles

Hi everyone,

i took this little guy in almost 8 years ago. I was told that he is a normal and didn’t really question it since I never wanted to breed him. But now I’m kinda curious what you guys think. Weirdly colored normal or something else?

looking forward to your answers :)

Attachments

• 6AAA3B90-C577-40E5-9FC8-07C105D8FCDF.jpeg
    6AAA3B90-C577-40E5-9FC8-07C105D8FCDF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • BCC83F05-3E9D-45C9-9D14-09EF8F8693B5.jpeg
    8 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I couldn't tell much for sure without seeing a shot of the entire gecko from above. I can give you two possibilities which, unfortunately, are impossible to determine for sure:
a. From the part of the gecko I can see, there's a lot of nice violet coloring (due to the faded black bands from juvenile stage) along with the yellow. Sometimes Mack Snow geckos have that kind of coloring. Mack Snow geckos hatch out black and white banded instead of black and yellow banded though most of them turn yellow as they mature. There is no way to know whether your gecko is a Mack Snow besides breeding it with a gecko that is definitely not a Mack Snow and getting some black and white hatchlings.

b. The gecko looks pretty speckled. Some geckos that have a gene for the blizzard or patternless trait end up with a speckled pattern. Obviously, there's no way to know whether your gecko has a gene for blizzard or patternless unless it it bred with a known blizzard or patternless gecko and some of the offspring have that trait visibly.

Aliza

Rad_reptiles

Interesting, thank you.

I did upload a picture from above, but I guess it didn’t load properly.

here it is again

46D34269-7F8A-42A7-B3CE-FBAEEF8532C2.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think it's as speckled as the blizzard hets are, but it could be a Mack Snow, just no way besides what I mentioned above to be sure.

Aliza

Visit our friends