Who says Leopard Geckos don't have teeth???

LeoFan

I hear you. Once I got bit so bad I bled through a medium towel and had to seriously contemplate going to the hospital. I still have a good sized scar on the finger.

F

fikken

damn what did you do? Mine have never bitten me however i have had mine chirp at me because she was in no mood to be picked up apparently. I think if i took away their repti shelter though they'd plot my demise.

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Why don't you show us your love bite. I thought you got a pic of it. if not, I still have a nice image ingrained in my memory.=)

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
You know , the one you got right before your St. Patties day festivities a couple years ago.

F

fikken

if i want to get bitten all i would have to do is take their favorite hide away

robin

i got chased by a blizzard once. a gecko i got from kelli named rollergirl i think had to be the meanest gecko ever LOL and she took a chunk outa me!

THE WHISPERER

What's going on over at GGG? first i was suprised at how mean that blizzard GECKOFREAK got from you at the San Jose show is, and now your getting bit. You've always been know for having the sweetest geckos in the west. :D

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
What's going on over at GGG? first i was suprised at how mean that blizzard GECKOFREAK got from you at the San Jose show is, and now your getting bit. You've always been know for having the sweetest geckos in the west. :D
I know! That little blizzard was the most savage little blizzard that ever hatched here at GGG! All of my adult blizzards are puppy-dog tame. The gecko that bit me in the pic above is a SHTCTB... the father of Kelli's "Cisco". All 3 times he's bitten me it was totally unprovoked. I would send him to his room, but maybe he likes it there and that's why he bit me?

B

BioWorkZ

Whoa, that's a serious bite. I've only been nipped once and it tickled more than anything. I didn't know leopard geckos were capable of that. I wonder what a Tokay gecko bite looks like.

Latlaw

Well that kind of worries me. I have two baby geckos (3 mos old) and they have both snapped and hissed at me when I first got them. A few weeks ago. I want to be able to hold them but I'm not sure how to approach them. My boy Henry, 7 mos, will let me pick him up now and take him out of his tank. Could a baby draw blood with a bite? Is it best to tame them now before they get too big?

STUTFL

Like I always say, respect your gecko's ability to bite but do NOT be afraid of it. Being jittery will just make things worse.
Juvies are feisty and bite, but they rarely cause injury until they start getting bigger.

If your geckos are settled into their homes, you should be able to start taming them (though adults can be tamed as well) - there are a few threads on the subject. ;)

Visit our friends