Who says Leopard Geckos don't have teeth???

F

fikken

best thing to do is just not be afraid and do it. its not a serious bite, i've been mauled by worse. the fun of having the gecko is taming it, right?

L-G-C

More than just leos now
I got bit, don't have a picture though... it hurt, didn't draw blood but left a red mark! My little jungle tangerine has problems... :D

STUTFL

I got my finger clamped down on by my adult male leo when he was going for a mealworm - he did the whole head-shake-of-death, trying to get me to stop struggling. :laugh4: It didn't hurt me or leave a mark, though. Some geckos bite hard, some don't.

Latlaw

Like I always say, respect your gecko's ability to bite but do NOT be afraid of it. Being jittery will just make things worse.
Juvies are feisty and bite, but they rarely cause injury until they start getting bigger.

If your geckos are settled into their homes, you should be able to start taming them (though adults can be tamed as well) - there are a few threads on the subject. ;)

Thanks! I do need to not be jittery. I admit, even though they're tiny, they startled me when they hissed and snapped. I'm just not sure how to approach the taming. With Henry, I just started picking him up. He struggled at first, but now he's pretty calm. The girls seem more edgy but they are younger than Henry was when I got him. I'll check some how to threads . .

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I didn't post this to make everyone afraid to handle their geckos! The vast majority of the time, a bite is of vey little consequence. In 14+ years of working with geckos, I can probably say that I've been bitten hundreds of times (mostly from wee little ones), but only a handful were serious enough to draw blood.

M

mypreludeisred

may I the scenario in which the gecko bit you? I have been nipped when dropping some supers in, but nothing with blood!

Ehatcher

i think owning ANY type of animal carries a risk of being bitten. It comes with the territory IMO.

Ill tell you one thing, Ive been bitten by cats more times than i wish to remember. Cats are sneaky little devils. They're your friend one minute and the next they are attached to your arm with the claws a blazin.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
I showed this to my dad... He wanted to know what leo bite look like... lol he freaked out. Be careful... he told me. He thought this was simliar to cat bite. (i have been maul by my own cat) I have alot scars on my hands and arms and took a good harm on my forehead, I was fine lol Freak! :D

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Was it a female? because one time I was watching the Animal Planet and I heard that female reptiles that hatched at male temperatures they will be more aggressive it is mostly heard with Alligators and Crocodiles never heard of it happening to captive animals.

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
i tink its hilarious that when a reptile bites you including snakes you can see the shape of the head! it one of those things that i just love.. dont ask why....

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have been bit by so many reptiles...the worst i ever had was my buddy tried to put his GTP on my neck as i was doing something else...damn thing bit my neck and wouldn't let go (that crap hurt).

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Here are some LG teeth for you.
4005623556_cf945b5acc_b.jpg

mariex4

ouch , lol my male has never bitten me but my baby female went to take a meal worm from my fingers and i felt her teeth but she never bit hard bless her

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
That's a nice pic! I thought their teeth were like little needle tips; but those look like shark teeth (like blades).

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Wow! Thats a crazy nice camera you got, Zach! I want it! lol... What kind of camera do u have that shot a rediculous nice pic like that?

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
I think I shot that with my Nikon D40 but I think I borrowed my sister in laws macro lens.

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
nice pic zack, very sick my friend. i think the worse bit i had by anything ( i have been bit by just about everything) came from a tokay gecko that bit a hole right through a leather welding glove

Visit our friends