WooHoo, I hatched my first little Crestie!!!

BalloonzForU

OMG, I was so shocked to see this little one when I just happened to glance at the egg container. The clutch was laid 11/18, and my room is about 75-76 degrees, I really didn't expect a baby for another week at least!

This is what I saw when I walked by.

Picture_4173_op_800x600.jpg

After getting the little bugger in his tub. Look how cute. He's already got little white knee caps.
Picture_4177_op_800x600.jpg

Picture_4179_op_800x600.jpg

Val

Anywhere they go..rashes and hives follow! I had a tanktop on one night when one went up my arm, across my chest and was starting down the other arm, and I basically turned into a bright red, itching mess.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Congrats Felicia! What a little cutie!

And, I can't believe how quick it hatched either, I incubate mine at about 78 and it takes them over 60 days to hatch.

BalloonzForU

Thank you, Stina, Andrea, John, and Jeanne.

I know Jeanne, that has me baffled. However the clutchmate has not hatched yet, maybe this little guy was too excited to see me. LOL However there were a few days that it may have been closer to 79 in my room. Remember how I was conplaining about my husband rushing the windows? Well I stuck them in the walk in closet with a vision rack and closed the doors while they worked to keep everyone warm. It was nice and warm in there.

BalloonzForU

Hehehehe I took a few more pics.

This one to show how small they are when they hatch.
Picture_4189_op_800x600.jpg

And this one to show that he/she's a dalmation, but I could only get half the spots to show up due to him being pretty wet still.
Picture_4183_op_800x600.jpg

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I love baby Cresteds, the hardest part is waiting for them to grow! It is a VERY slow process. You won't even notice a change in them for at least 1-2 months!

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
Felicia, congrats on the crestie. Did it savagely attack you as you tried to remove it from the incubation container?

Yeah, I have the same problem as Val. I break out in a rash wherever they touch me. If I handle them long enough I also get very congested and raspy (sore throat).

BalloonzForU

Jeanne, Yeah these guys are slow growers. I just can't wait for those crest to unfold on the sides. I've seen pics before of hatchling, and I just thought they didnt' have any crests at all, but the two sides that give them that shape to the head are there, just kind of bent down. LOL Never realized that before.

Jeremy Letkey said:
Felicia, congrats on the crestie. Did it savagely attack you as you tried to remove it from the incubation container?

Thanks Jeremy, and Yes it did Jeremy!!! LOL

Picture_4188_op_800x600.jpg

BalloonzForU

Thank you Steph.

I was really worried about handling these two as I've heard that can be real fast. But handling the adults gave me enough training to work with them. I'm sure I'll be posting more pics as they grow. The first one deff. has dalmation spots, but I don't see any on the other one. I would love to have a creamy dalmation, so I'm hoping the one get's real light.

Perefalcon

Jill?????
ummmmmmmmmmmmm

you can be allergic to cresties?!?!?!!?!?!

I wonder if that's the reason when I'm in the reptile room that I sneeze like mad....I kept thinking it was the roaches or mealworms

whenever they run across my neck I have red marks a while later too......OH NO

Visit our friends