Wow just wow.

Adinar

Has anyone ever seen a blizzard hatchling with a stripe like this? I was floored when I saw it finally out of it's shell.

Will get some better pics once the little one has a chance to relax a bit.

Geckos315.jpg

Geckos316.jpg

Geckos314.jpg

Link to my other thread for those who want to see the parents.

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
I will also say the other baby looks like a blizzard. It is very possible the parents carry both traits. They both look to be patternless IMO, maybe they are het Blizzard? Just my guessing.

Adinar

Pretty sure thats a really nice looking Murphys patternless....I could be wrong though. Congrats either way!!!

Even though the parents are both blizzards?

I don't have genetics down, so not sure if a blizzard x blizzard pairing would produce anything other than more blizzards. Is it possible?

Either way, we're still stoked about the new arrivals. :)

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
No hang on lol...I am wrong if they are both patty you wouldnt get a pure blizzard. Im not sure whats going on here. It appears you have a blizzard hatchling and a Patternless hatchling. The only way you could get that would be from a blizzard het patty X patty het blizzard pairing (or vice verca) I know this was dabbled in awhile back when people was trying to produce "bannana blizzards"...I would say see what else you pop out from the pairing :)

RampantReptiles

That looks like the spotting for a patternless but even on pattys they dont go down the spine like that?
My guess is that your blizzards have some patty in them... Can we see pics of the parents?
Pretty neat looking gecko :)

Adinar

That looks like the spotting for a patternless but even on pattys they dont go down the spine like that?
My guess is that your blizzards have some patty in them... Can we see pics of the parents?
Pretty neat looking gecko :)

Sure, I've got pics of them posted on the thread from the other hatchling. Just scroll down a few responses and I posted 3 pictures.
http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=60372

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Any way the parents could both be blizzard het patternless? I thought the definitive way to distinguish blizzard from patternless was that patternless would have markings at birth that fade and blizzards wouldn't.

Aliza

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
If they was both blizzard het patty all barbies would be homo bliz. That's why I think one parent is bliz other is patty both het for the other. That's the only way I cam think of to get a bliz baby and a patty baby lol

RampantReptiles

Im curious, what does a banana blizzard(patternless blizzard) hatchling look like? I tried looking online without much luck.
Does it have the spots like a patty or no spots like a blizzard?(I think they have spots)

Where did you get the parents?

Possibilities I think are...

Like yellermelon said
Mom is a patty het blizzard and dad is a blizzard het patty
OR
Mom is a banana blizzard and dad is a blizzard het patty

Dad is most definitely a blizzard, he has some darkening in his eye you can see in the third pick. Although both mom and dad look to have a slight yellowish hue to them but that might be lighting/camera whatever...

Your little baby might be a banana blizzard but I am not sure...

Adinar

Im curious, what does a banana blizzard(patternless blizzard) hatchling look like? I tried looking online without much luck.
Does it have the spots like a patty or no spots like a blizzard?(I think they have spots)

Where did you get the parents?

Possibilities I think are...

Like yellermelon said
Mom is a patty het blizzard and dad is a blizzard het patty
OR
Mom is a banana blizzard and dad is a blizzard het patty

Dad is most definitely a blizzard, he has some darkening in his eye you can see in the third pick. Although both mom and dad look to have a slight yellowish hue to them but that might be lighting/camera whatever...

Your little baby might be a banana blizzard but I am not sure...

Parents were bought from a breeder (Turtle Xing) at the Hamburg show back during the winter. All's he told us was that they were midnight blizzards and were selling them as a pair. He was the owners son and I don't think he knew much about them other than the fact that they were blizzards and that they were proven once before.

paulnj

I BRED 1.3 MACK BLIZZARD HET RW from HISS together and hatched 2 blizzard animals that had a pattern very similiar. bother proved to NOT be patternless and outgrew that patterning by 15-18 grams.

RampantReptiles

How did you prove them not patternless.. from breeding? I dont get how they could not be patternless when thats what a patternless looks like when it hatches. All patternless leos outgrow the pattern and look a lot like blizzards aside from coloration.
Guess I dont understand what you mean paul, please could you explain it further.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
So now, as a new owner of what I've been told is a snow blizzard, but which other people say is a patternless, if there's no reliable way to tell blizzard from patternless in a hatchling, is there ever any reliable way to tell them apart?

Aliza

Visit our friends