You Decide.

JordanAng420

I would say in that case I would give a courtesy call to the original owner and explain the great progress the gecko has made and the decision to do breeding (limited to only what the gecko can do and remain healthy).

I would probably also give one of the nicer babies to the original owner.

I would probably do something similar...before I bred it, I would contact the original owner. I'd explain how well the gecko is doing, provide them with pictures and recent veterinary invoices (if that was necessary). If the only problem was malnourishment I don't see any reason why the animal shouldn't be bred when it's ready.

That being said, if the original owner failed to give me a legitamate reason not to breed the gecko, i'd go ahead and breed it.

Baoh

I would say in that case I would give a courtesy call to the original owner and explain the great progress the gecko has made and the decision to do breeding (limited to only what the gecko can do and remain healthy).

This plus pics would make for a good offer for such a blessing. Really, it's the new owner's call, but being courteous is a good trait to display.

Valley Reptiles

It was me that sold them but Nigel did not quite get all the info on this:main_no:.

I was having a hard time keeping a constant supply of insects so I sold everyting that ate them until I could get a good roach colony going. I was finised with breeding Leos and was not planning on trying again since I had a bad year with the mealworm problem and was down to my last few leos, these 2, a couple other enigmas I picked up at a show and a few that I hatced.

I sold 3 to someone I have known for a very long time on other forums and have no intentions at all to do anyting unethical to her or anyone else.

She drove here to pick up 3 Leos (the 2 enimas and an Eclipse het raptor female that I hatced). The enigmas was in the same rack as my others and were not labeled. I completely forgot about these until halley(the original owner) sent me a PM asking why I got rid of them and I told him then that I was getting rid of everything that ate insects. I sent the buyer a message right away after that (anyone can ask her, I will PM anyone her user name). She payed $125 total, that included the Eclipse female also.

I gave her a full credit for the whole purcase, even for the eclipse that was perfectly fine. I had a female proven breeder crested that she wanted so I sent it free with free shipping.

after shipping and the gecko price it ended up being around $140 so sorry it was not for profit. I dont think paying $60 to ship the enigmas to me, feeding them while I had them and selling with my Eclipse female for $125 would be considered a profit. It was one mistake because I forgot to label the geckos.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos

I did explain everything to the original owner. It wasn't before the breeding, but after once I had results to also share.

I hadn't thought of the second idea and think it is a good one. I will definitely be contacting the owner to see if they would like one of the nicer babies. Thanks for your responses everyone.

Krow

I'm curious as to where you would all stand on this.. similar subject, different story..

What if you adopted a gecko that was an adoption due to it being a well-established adult and severly underweight. You gave your word not to breed because of the underweight issue. Also, because of the underweight issue, the gecko seems frail. Then you come to find that said gecko refuses to eat everything you try to feed except for wax worms. Say that you spent the better part of two months hand-feeding and finally getting the gecko to start eating superworms and mealworms for it's everyday diet. After such, the gecko gains a healthy amount of weight and is no longer frail.

Now, once the reasons for adoption no longer apply, would it be wrong to breed the animal? Yes, you gave your word before, but the circumstances have changed. You had every intention of keeping your word up until now. You decide to breed the gecko, and come to find that it's an excellent breeder. It lays several fertile clutches and bounces back up to normal weight between clutches better than some of your other geckos that you've paid top dollar for.
I agree with Jess

Visit our friends