Anyone ordered from MG Reptiles? Problems?

J

justin-branam

So i placed my order with MG reptiles on Feb 21. the next day i got an e-mail saying my order would be shipped in 1-7 days depending on the complexity of wiring. do note that all i ordered was one herpstat (no wiring), one bag of perlite, and one bare ranco unit (no wiring neccesary). i hadnt heard anything after waiting 11 days (7 business days), so i inquired via e-mail. didnt hear anything from that for 24 hours, so i called and left a phone message. now it has been a day since the phone message and still nothing. im getting very frustrated :main_angry: im mainly angry because now i have to go buy a bag of perlite as i ran out and got more eggs today, and my geckos have had very small heat pads because i dont want to run the heat cable without a thermostat. not to mention i have no idea what sex my eggs will be because my incubator jumps anywhere from 81-86.5 which is why i need the ranco. EERRGGG!!

anyone else had any problems with them? im just wondering if i should call my credit card company and tell them to cancel the transaction.

G

GeckoMandi

We have always ordered from Matt and never had a problem, but if you pop over and read the Fauna BOI you will read a lot of different stories going on lately.

robin

i think this thread should be in the business inquiries section, not general discussion

Kotsay1414

You feed 'em we breed 'em
GeckoMandi said:
We have always ordered from Matt and never had a problem, but if you pop over and read the Fauna BOI you will read a lot of different stories going on lately.
You beat me to it. We've ordered FlexWatt from him and we've had a FlexWatt order that was pre wired. He was good for both of those. Best of luck with your order.

ByRandom

Deliriously Random
We ordered 50 feet of Flexwatt from him.. Took him nearly a month to get it out to us after several attempts to cancel the order. I called him and emailed him, never receiving a call/email until he emailed me to tell me my order shipped, 4-ish weeks after I placed the order.

Plus, with his conduct over on the BOI -- you better believe he's not getting our business, or anyone else's that we refer to anyone.

LeosForLess

Ive ordered frmo matt 2 times and both times it took nearly a month to get the order. All else i can say is that my flexwatt burned out and im gunna need it fast and im not ordering from him

J

justin-branam

looks like he needs to get it together. funny thing is i just got an e-mail from him saying they were out of perlite, that he didnt get my e-mail, and that he would ship my order out tomorrow. guess ill look elswhere next time i need something like this.

P

piranah

We ordered heat tape and some stats from Matt. The order did take a couple of weeks to get to us because Matt had just gotten back from his honeymoon. Matt told us that it would be worth the wait and it was. Matt added an extra ten feet of heat tape! Gotta love it!:p

techgirl

I ordered flexwatt and a thermostat from Matt on 2/6 and was not happy with the service at all. I finally got the flexwatt a few days ago and it was not even hooked up as I had requested. He never returned any e-mails or phone calls. I took it to the BOI on Fauna and he had the nerve to hit me with negative karma points and negative trader ratings and call me a liar, that we did talk on the phone despite all the e-mails I had posted saying he would do the work. Will never do business with him ever again.

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
I've had nothing but success with Matt and he's a great guy to deal with and has kept great communication throughout. He's overnighted me 40 feet of flexwatt - prewired and a herpastat. I'm expecting it tomorrow. He's a great guy and I'm sorry you've had issues. I'd give him a call and speak to him personally if you can. He's a great guy.

BalloonzForU

I almost bought from Matt, but after seeing so many cases of late shipping, mixed orders, incomplete orders I will not purchase from him. I have heard many times from people I know that Matt is a great guy, and I believe this to be true, but until something is done about his service I will not be ordering from him... Sorry Matt!!!

techgirl

I have tried to reach him several times and only got a machine and never a return call. Then the nerve to call me a liar!! No thanks. Will never speak to or recommend him ever

G

GeckoMandi

Well like I said we have had no issues with him at all, but after reading his conduct alone on fauna and the way he has treated the customers with complaints I don't think we will order from him again, we have already started looking elsewhere to buy our items.

I understand that maybe you get tired of people hounding you about things, and even when you have a business personal issues come up, but it just seems way to often to much. But the rep he had before all these problems was A+ to my knowledge so I don't understand what has changed.

BalloonzForU

From what I've gathered is Matt's business has grown to the point where he is in major need to hire some help, but has not done so. That A+ rep is what built his business and now that it's going down hill, maybe he won't be so busy that he can handle it by himself again.

Like I've said already, I hear he's a great guy personally, and would really like for his business practices to change to match him.

Last edited:

PrototypeGeckos

I have to say that I have nothing but very positive experiences with him, and I have purchased from him 4 or 5 times now. Everything was shipped on time and every email was responded to promptly. Like Felicia said I think his business has grown to the point where he needs to hire more help, and he apparently hasn't which IS his fault. He really is a great guy and he can have a great business once these issues some people are having are ironed out. But I haven't ran into these problems yet, and I last ordered from him about three weeks ago.

Visit our friends