Crestie Terrarium

cfisher

Good afternoon!

I have a crestie, probably about ~7-8 inches in length. Currently, she is living in a 12x12x18 Zoo Med tank. I decided it is time for an upgrade and the tank is getting small for her. I decided I wanted to build my own tank! I went to my brothers, who has all the tools! Bought some wood, and went to town. I was going to make a 16x16x26 tank. Instead, my brother decided go big or go home.. and it ended up being the full width/length of the panels I bought... 2 feet by 4 feet. It is quite a large tank, I imagine, for a crested gecko. I planned on doing the expanding foam stuff for rock walls and what not.

My question:

Is it too big for the gecko? I can fit a lot of foliage in it now, and even thought about putting a bonsai tree in there.

Thanks!

baileyrae5

Big is always good for cresties! I think your gecko should be okay in its new home. You can always buy her a friend to fill up some space :D

DrCarrotTail

They like foliage and cover. As long as there is part of the big cage that is dense enough to really hide her it should be fine. If the cover is sparse she could get pretty stressed, especially if the enclosure is brightly lit.

Visit our friends