Gravid Females?!

skmcwilliams

When I first saw this post, I wasn't aware of the problem of people selling gravid females. In fact I remember eons ago when I was a newbie and I had an albino female that I was selling, the seller asked if I could put her with my albino male a few times before I shipped her out. I didn't think that was a huge deal, I mean it wasn't like she was going to lay anytime soon right. Wrong. Now I know how stressed some of the reptiles come through shipping like. I have had leos and beardies not eat for weeks after being shipped. I can't even imagine what that must do when they are already stressed from breeding and then shipped. I feel terrible that I even did that at one time. Now I have seen a sight that really sickens me if you look at another classified site. There is a bearded dragon that is labeled gravid and the person has a belly shot and it looks like this poor thing could lay within the hour and he has just posted a sold sign on her and the sad thing was there were several people aquiring about the ad. What are people thinking? They will probably get her in with a bunch of eggs rotting along with her in the box.

TMF

TMF
Not to point fingers but it seems one guy is continuing to try to sell gravid females. Why even post her for sale if your going to state "Has laid 8 fertile eggs so far, will lay approx 15." and the females going for 650! Why put her through that and its basically ripping the customer off if you have 8 of her eggs, and are charging 650. Does it come with hatchings too?!

This dude has me frustrated with all of his posts of "investment" females. Is there any way to stop such posts?

Visit our friends