Help!

fishyfan

My female snow just laid an egg (still waiting on the second one), and i don't have an incubator. Every time i looked at her stomach i couldnt make out any eggs so it was kind of unexpected. She's laid the first egg in moist (almost dry) coco fiber, and im wondering if i should leave the egg(s) in there on the warm side until i get an incubator (guess i should order one tonight)? Should i move them to perlite as soon as possible or will the coco fiber suffice until i place an order for an incubator and hatchrite? I plan on putting a lid on the container once she's done laying to keep the moisture in...

fishyfan

2 eggs! ive marked the eggs, closed up the container, and placed it on the hot side...not sure if there's anything else i can do.

fishyfan

eggs!
eggs.jpg

THE WHISPERER

yea the male has been with her for about 2 months...

:main_no: My suggestion is that you make up an incubation box put the eggs in it and I'm hoping you have some type of thermostat. find a spot in your tank that is at incubating temps and leave it there and hope they hatch. Seperate your male and female and prepare for more eggs in as little as two weeks cause chances are there will be more. As for how to set up the incubation container, temps, and proper housing for the babies, all that info is on the forums. I also would like to suggest that you DO NOT re-introduce your geckos until you have researched all the info needed for properly breeding them.

rubym

If you have a farm store near you alot of them sell the little giant still air incubators. They work just like a hovabator. They are about $36-40. I got one last year and never had a problem with it. Good luck with your eggs. you may also want to go and grab some vermiculite or perilite to incubate them in....I think those work better then the bed-a-beast type stuff. Good luck with the eggs.

D

Dani51707

yea i went and got an incubator at ts...didnt know if i could say the name of chain store but anyways u can get it there for lik 40 and if you sign on line and join their lil email offers thing they will give u a 5 dollar coupon right away for spending 25 or more good luck pm if you have questions on that places name

fishyfan

thanks for the help guys

the reason i said it was unexpected was because i checked a few times a week and everytime i looked, i saw no signs of ovulation or eggs. She only started digging sunday...

I currently have them in an aquarium incubator with the temp holding steady at 80 degrees. I have sand and rocks in the tank to help keep the temp steady, i figured it wouldnt hurt. Im going to run to home depot today to get some vermiculite or periltie (which one should i get??)...

The eggs look dented, i assume this is from the humidity no being high enough? There is condensation on the lid but is the soil not damp enough? I have a slightly wet paper towel over the eggs now...

fishyfan

i found some perlite, had to run all over to find it because home depot only had the kind that had fertilizer in it. What should the ratio be for water to perlite? I have read 1 part water:2 parts perlite, 1 part water:1 part perlite, and .8 part water:1 part perlite so im not sure what to do...

And the eggs are still dented, will that correct itself once the eggs are in perlite?

thanks

fishyfan

Well, i researched a bit more and it appears .8 water:1 perlite seems to be acceptable, although i wasn't using a digital scale and misjudged the amount of water i was spraying a bit so its closer to .9 water:1 perlite. Im letting it heat up before i move the eggs over. Im still worried about how dented the eggs are...:(

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
have you candled the eggs to see if they are good? if they dont shine pink they may be no good anyway. that would cause them to dent as well

Visit our friends