I CANNOT BELIEVE ....

IndyLuckyLeos

I'm sorry about your loss. I worry about that happening everytime I do a show. If I see it, i'll send you an e-mail.

Wezul

Maybe tie some bells (ringing bells, not geckos) to the netting? It's not much, but it'll let you know if the netting is being moved.

GoGo

I'm Watching You
Im really sorry about your loss. If I ever start vending I will freaking double sided tape the containers down and put small weights in with the gecko so that they wont disturb it, but it will be heavy enough to be annoying. Either that or ill sit with a few tokays in reptile leashes on the desk snapping at people. You can never be to careful, which means having violent reptiles defending your both is not overkill. Okay maybe a little >>...

Airilith

Gregg M said:
]I will for sure, keep an eye out for you on the classifieds and if I see anything suspect, I will shoot you an e-mail at once... Like Marcia said, crap like this affects us all... One of the things that is great about the leo community is that most of us are friends and will look out for one another even if we are buisiness competators on some level... Tight knit groups like this is what the reptile hobby needs...

Well said Gregg! The tight knit community I found here when I first started looking into leos was what sealed the deal for me. Everyone is so friendly and seems to really care about each other. It's truly wonderful. So hopefully this tight knit group of friends can aid in a return of the poor enigma.

Steve and Deb I am so very sorry for your loss. And, as with everyone else, if I see anything at all resembling your beautiful girl I will shoot you an e-mail.

paulnj

If I find it, you will definately know.

Hey Steve, do you happen to have a full body image of it not in a container that you can post for us to save and compare to "for sale" geckos?

SteveGeckosEtc

paulnj said:
If I find it, you will definately know.

Hey Steve, do you happen to have a full body image of it not in a container that you can post for us to save and compare to "for sale" geckos?

Thanks again, everyone, for the kind words, and your efforts to find her! The leopard gecko community is a great one, and we are glad to be a part of such a wonderful "family."

I don't have a better picture of her from the show. I wish I did. Marcia told me that someone else has a photo of the gecko from the show, but I haven't heard from that person yet. Marcia, do you have an email address for him?

giantkeeper

Morph Freak!
SteveGeckosEtc said:
Thanks again, everyone, for the kind words, and your efforts to find her! The leopard gecko community is a great one, and we are glad to be a part of such a wonderful "family."

I don't have a better picture of her from the show. I wish I did. Marcia told me that someone else has a photo of the gecko from the show, but I haven't heard from that person yet. Marcia, do you have an email address for him?

I would like a copy of the photo so that it can be added to ad's I will be posting on Kingsnake.com to give it more exposure. Obviously if you do not approve I will not ;O) BTW, thanks for the beautiful het raptor Steve!

D

DebraGeckosEtc

Thanks everyone!

Wow! I am overwhelmed by everyone's kind words. Thanks so much. It really means a lot to me and Steve. We also appreciate everyone's efforts for finding her.

It's impossible to know if the thief is going to put her up for sale or not. I'm not convinced that the thief is a gecko person, considering the range of animals stolen at the show (tortoises, boas, new caldonian geckos, etc), so there is a good chance she might show up somewhere. However, it could also be months from now when they do try to sell her.

Chris, thanks for the offer of posting her picture with your ads. I'm kinda undecided on the issue and wanted to see what you all thought: On the one hand, I want as many people to see her picture and hopefully find her, but on the other hand, I also don't want the thief to see it all over the place and decide to covertly sell her. What do you all think?

Well, this is the first time I've ever posted here (just signed up last night). Now I have something I can do while I'm bored at work!

paulnj

Very good point! While I know everyone here would love nothing better than to see your gecko returned and the thief stoned to death, Not posting it on the net (outside this forum) for all to see may be the safest bet.

I would put a WANTED poster of that gecko on your site though ;)

Wezul

If the theif isn't a gecko person, they might try to sell it as a package deal (tortioises,boas and Enigma leo) wholesale. The more exposure, the harder it would be to sell; why make it easy for the dirtbag to make some "easy money"?:main_angry:

If he/she/they...ARE gecko people, they KNOW who they stole from, and there is a good chance they will check out your site anyway.

I'm probably wrong.... you should do whatever makes you feel better during this "nightmare".

GoGo

I'm Watching You
Next show, bring man eating reptiles! Seriously. Rent out a friends giant intimidating snake, or get a few tokays, >> or better yet a pissed off iguana. Or, heres a steal proof idea, buy a hard plastic case that fits over the front of your table and blocks the geckos from touchy touchy, and opens in the back so you can take them out and show them to people, but they cant do it themselves.

Zbiz

T.A.I.L. REPTILES
I know a lot of people poke holes in their tubs and run fishing line through them all connecting them so nobody can pick them up and leave. Although i guess someone could cut the line. This kind of stuff pisses me off... there was actual warnings over the load speaker at the whiteplains shows warning venders to look out cuz there was a shoplifter on the loose there aswell. huh... some ppl.

giantkeeper

Morph Freak!
Zbiz said:
I know a lot of people poke holes in their tubs and run fishing line through them all connecting them so nobody can pick them up and leave. Although i guess someone could cut the line. This kind of stuff pisses me off... there was actual warnings over the load speaker at the whiteplains shows warning venders to look out cuz there was a shoplifter on the loose there aswell. huh... some ppl.

Honestly though, I saw Steve and Debras display, the netting was nice and tight and should have been enough to keep anything from being lifted...

dprince

Mod Squad Member
Hey Debra,

Nice to see you on here!! :D I agree with Paul, keep the photo on your website, but not maybe everywhere on the net, though it was a good idea. :) If the theif sees pics, I could see her being sold secretly or traded. :( I really hope we find this girl for you soon. :)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Yup. Steve and Deb had netting stapled all around and over the deli cups of geckos. Someone had to have been working it loose enough to slip the gecko out from under it. My hunch is that there was a 'team' of thieves casing out the booths, and perhaps created a diversion talking with the vendors while another lifted the animals.

I'm so glad I had all my geckos locked up in my BARRS displays with the sliding lock towards the back where the tops could not be opened without physically lifting up the entire display.

lytlesnake

Border Patrol Penguin
I bet you could get a simple video surveillance system for not too much money. It's just one or two cameras, a little monitor and a digital video recorder, plus a couple stands to mount the cameras on. You might need a sign to inform people that they're being filmed. I don't know how practical it would be or if you're allowed to do this, but if the on-site staff can't or won't prevent thefts, having your own security is a good idea. I think that the locking display cases should eliminate the need for video surveillance, but it was just a thought.

Visit our friends