acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have had the sad experience of watching some of my geckos wasting away because my gecko colony is all positive for cryptosporidiosis and there's nothing I can do about it but care for them and keep them comfortable. If your vet has not tested your gecko for crypto, it would be a good idea to do that. One thing I notice is that you're concerned that you wouldn't want your gecko to be in pain and would reluctantly consider euthanasia if that were the case (at least that's the way I read it). Based on the behavior of my geckos who were dying of crypto, I'm not convinced they were in pain. Some of them were attempting to eat until the end. What I mean to say is that if your gecko unluckily has an ailment that it will not recover from, to me it makes sense to make it comfortable and to enjoy its presence in your life (and your presence in its life) for as long as it can be with you.

Aliza

natgreene

I have had the sad experience of watching some of my geckos wasting away because my gecko colony is all positive for cryptosporidiosis and there's nothing I can do about it but care for them and keep them comfortable. If your vet has not tested your gecko for crypto, it would be a good idea to do that. One thing I notice is that you're concerned that you wouldn't want your gecko to be in pain and would reluctantly consider euthanasia if that were the case (at least that's the way I read it). Based on the behavior of my geckos who were dying of crypto, I'm not convinced they were in pain. Some of them were attempting to eat until the end. What I mean to say is that if your gecko unluckily has an ailment that it will not recover from, to me it makes sense to make it comfortable and to enjoy its presence in your life (and your presence in its life) for as long as it can be with you.

Aliza
Thank you, it means a lot that you replied. They tested him for crypto the very first time he was in, and this most recent time I've asked them to check again. I'll have results for his second test by tomorrow.

Visit our friends