Leopard Gecko enclosure design and possible toxins

Lil Biscuit

I'm currently designing a bio active tank/enclosure for my leopard gecko. I'm mainly concerned on possible toxins. If I place a turtle shell that has been taxidermied and probably off of amazon; will my leopard gecko be poised, will anything like dubia roaches, or isopods eat at it? If so is there any way I can prevent this. Also I have the same question but towards plastic things in the enclosure and crystals such as rose quarts. As long as the crystal isn't easily broken, nor erodes, would it be fine?
If you have any options, facts, must haves in the cage, stay away froms, and or past experiences you'd like to share I'd greatly appreciate it. Please send me an email, thank you.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
As long as you don't use anything that can give off fumes if heated, or is sharp enough to cut the geckoI don't see why anything else that's well-washed should be a problem.

Aliza

Lil Biscuit

That's fine and was assumable (I was just making sure) but my main concern is possible toxins. In particular a taxidermied turtle shell. If the taxidermy (solution/coating? Not sure how taxidermy works) is licked my my leopard gecko will it harm her?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
To be sure you'd have to ask a taxidermist what they use but I'd imagine that the material used is pretty stable and a little licking won't be a problem.

Aliza

Visit our friends