Leopard gecko injured

Tofu

Please note : I've scheduled to take him in to the vet- but their soonest availability is two weeks away.

Last night my cat broke into my leopard gecko's cage, im not sure how .It's a sliding top with that clicks closed at the front. Somehow she opened it, and climbed inside. I was sleep in the other room, when I did come in I saw the cat fully inside my gecko's tank. Luckily he was mostly unharmed, hiding in one of his hides.
After I had the situation under control and moved the hide to look at him, he started screaming just from the lighting change. He has a injury on his head, neck and arm, but no where else I can see. I feel very fortunate none of these are extensive either. I have been applying neosporin to the open wounds but dont know what to do for his arm. I have also bough child proof locks to better secure his cage top, so that the cat can not open it again.
Any advice on how to help him recover would be much apricated.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 9

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In my opinion with injuries like these there's nothing you can really do but keep the injuries clean and hope for the best. There may be internal injuries that you can't see in which case the gecko may not survive, but if they're relatively superficial, it will likely be OK. I'm hoping for the best.

Aliza

Tofu

In my opinion with injuries like these there's nothing you can really do but keep the injuries clean and hope for the best. There may be internal injuries that you can't see in which case the gecko may not survive, but if they're relatively superficial, it will likely be OK. I'm hoping for the best.

Aliza
Thank you, I am too. It's reassuring to hear. I added some new hides in today and he excitedly climbed around the cage for a good 30 minutes exploring everything with what seemed like relative ease, im hoping that is a good sign.

KatieG

Poor guy! This is one of my fears with my cat but so far she just watches my Reps and hasn't attempted to get into there tanks or anything. I hope your little guy is good.

Visit our friends