jtdelee37

Hello!

I have this sweet boy that I rescued a couple years back, and he's doing great now. But since he was a rescue, I don't really know his genes and whatnot.

I know that he's a hypo, since he only has one spot on his body, but someone asked me recently if he was a hypo mack snow and I didn't think so, until I saw a photo of an adult hypo mack snow online.

This may be so obvious to some of you, but is this sweet boy just a hypo, or might he have some other genes at play?

Archie Morph Question.jpg

Thanks so much!!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Unfortunately, there's no way to know whether or not he's a Mack snow since most snows yellow up when they mature. There is no other morph trait visible, but, as you know, there's no way to know whether or not he has any recessive genes.

Aliza

It is virtually impossible to figure out genetics based on looks alone as there is always the possibilities for hidden gets such as eclipse, albino, etc., to be in the mix. It is a hypo based on looks, but I would definitely not breed it in the future because a) he is a rescue and b) you do not know the full genetic makeup of the animal

Visit our friends