ODD LITTLE HATCHLING!!

KaprikaAZ

can you link me to where you got that egg holder thing. the round egg keeper thing??? (fml i dont know the name of it)

Poppy243

can you link me to where you got that egg holder thing. the round egg keeper thing??? (fml i dont know the name of it)
It's called a GEO ("Gecko Egg Organizer") and it originates from yourgeckoguy.com. It's quite a neat creation! I'm planning on using them whenever I breed to keep my eggs sorted.

Also, I think I definitely want one of those SSAs someday :3 my third female that I'm going to have is going to be a white-phase morph and these are incredible! Patterned or not, they are AWESOME!!

Last edited:

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Sold all of my SSA except this one. She is now 6 months and 49 grams. Still has those dark ruby red eyes!!! Named her BubbleGum. :)

russe306

They look exactly like my super snow tempers when they hatched. It took 2 to 4 months to get a good idea of their pattern. Mine had nice stripes down his dorsal.

tb144050

This little one hatched yesterday. Parents are Super Snows. This is her clutch mate. Looks entirely different!! I am guessing that the first one will probably be a very light Super Snow.

So is the dark "odd little hatching" a super snow? Do you have any pics of its development?

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Yes, clutch mate ( the second picture) was a Super Snow. You can always tell by the light stripe going down the back. Both parents were Super Snow het tremper albino. Here is the dark clutch mate picture before she was sold.

tb144050

Thanks for the updated pic!!! :) I have one that I got from Pet_mart that I am unsure about. Alot of experienced people say he looks like a regular Blizzard, but he never changes colors like I think Blizzards do. Any input on him would be great, because he looks just like your hatchling did. I just got him about a week ago, and he is 19grams now.
-----------------------------------------

Please feel free to tell me whatever you can about this little guy. I have read sooooo many pages, but I am still a total newb... His name is smoke and he is weighing in at 18grams right now. :) I've been told he is a blizzard, but I am wondering if there is anything else unique about him. :D

2013-12-21110228.jpg

geckos_smoke_eyes.jpg

100_1218.jpg

100_1226.jpg

100_1225.jpg

100_1221.jpg

http://geckoforums.net/f124-show-off-your-leos/98262.htm

Last edited:

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Yes, he does look like a Blizzard. He looks a lot like my female breeder Rim. You can see her picture om my web site: GulfCoastGeckos - Home. She is a darker Blizzard. Yours may have some hidden hets due to the eyes. Beautiful gecko, and a great pickup from the pet store!

tb144050

Yes, clutch mate ( the second picture) was a Super Snow. You can always tell by the light stripe going down the back. Both parents were Super Snow het tremper albino.

Mine has this same stripe. I was beginning to think mine was a SuperSnow...lol Or would it be "SuperSnow Blizzard"?

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
No, I am guessing just Blizzard. The only way to know for sure, is knowing the parent's morph or test breeding.

tb144050

I decided not to waste any time, energy, or money on breeding him. He is just a cool-tempered adorable guy....quite friendly even. I can't wait to see if he grows up to be even more friendly. If he changes to resemble yours below, then I will start to wonder about him again.

In the meantime, I am trying to find a good proportional-thermostat at a "hobby-ist" price before I choose/order my first breeders this month. :D
------------------------------------------

Yes, clutch mate ( the second picture) was a Super Snow. You can always tell by the light stripe going down the back. Both parents were Super Snow het tremper albino. Here is the dark clutch mate picture before she was sold.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Yes, I saw your thread about a thermostat. When I first started I wasted money on dimmers. The temp fluctuations drove me crazy. I now only use Herpstat. In fact, I have four different models right now. :) The Intro, Herpstat Basic, Herpstat 2, and a Herpstat 4.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Finally got a good picture of my Super Snow Albino...BG (Bubblegum). She is now 8 months and 57 grams. Definitely not a sun worshiper!! You can see her markings, now.

Visit our friends