EricCartman

I feed my Leopard gecko mainly crickets as well as mealworms from time to time. I was wondering if it would be ok to feed her only mealworms for a couple of weeks as opposed to crickets. She loves mealworms and they are very easy to take care of. I know crickets have better nutritional value, but would excluding them from her diet for a while have a negative impact on her health?

Another Question:
She hasn't pooped for about 4-5 days, but she seems completely fine otherwise. I gave her a warm bath, but it hasn't helped. She is very active when being held, still eating a lot, and shows no signs of distress. I haven't changed up her diet or anything... I checked her belly to see if I saw any signs of impaction, and I didn't (I could have missed it or something though). She does have sand as a substrate though, so impaction could be an issue. I am not too worried yet because she is pretty energetic and eating, but is she ok, and if not, what should I do?

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think mealworms get a bad rep. Especially for a few weeks, they're fine. Some geckos are pooping but they hide it. Some geckos don't poop for upwards of a week. Unless you see great changes in behavior I don't think you have to worry.

Aliza

Visit our friends