Ready to hatch

Kjenkins

O awesome I was going to ask the same Q. Thank u KME for posting this. I have an egg that has been looking like its sweating the last 2 days. Its 8 weeks old tomorrow and incubated at 82-83. So is that whats going on with mine to? Good luck with your egg KME.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Mine will usually "sweat" for a couple of days, and then start to dent/crumble in/and or shrink. When that happens, I usually will see the nose pop out within 15 minutes. Fun to watch. Good luck on your hatching!!

Kjenkins

Awesome I'm so excited. That should mean hopefully some time tomorrow I should have my very first baby.:D Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww sorry its just so cool. lol

tb144050

At 81.3F (herpstat steady temp), I see them hatch about 4 days after I first notice a little bit of glossy-sweating. :)

Sometimes I see them dent 4-7 days before hatching, but that may have been because "humidity slightly too low". (?) ......(I know the humidity was a little too low in that cup due to reasons I won't blabber about right now...lol)

Kjenkins

Ok so it maybe a few more days than. That's ok tho just can't wait. lol My humidity should be good I need to get a new gauge this week end tho/ Thanks for the reminder. lol I'll put it on my list right now. lol

KashMoneyExotics

I woke up this mourning and this is what the egg looks like
edyzytup.jpg
ytyju8es.jpg

The egg started to dent in, how much longer until it hatches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KashMoneyExotics

laid may 4 at 82-83 degrees after the 3 week mark I slowly bumped up the temperature to about 85-86 degrees.

I think its clutch mate went bad, the egg looks good, but when candled its yellow inside

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
laid may 4 at 82-83 degrees after the 3 week mark I slowly bumped up the temperature to about 85-86 degrees.

I think its clutch mate went bad, the egg looks good, but when candled its yellow inside
Hopefully it will hatch. If it goes bad, it will dent in further, collapse, and start growing mold. One note
on the clutch mate egg, even if you candled, and thinking it is bad....don't toss if it looks ok. I never toss until they collapse and start growing mold.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
One thing that I have noticed with you guys....you seem to handle your eggs an awful lot. You do know to mark the top of the egg when found, right? After that don't turn them or flip them for candling and pictures. Personally, once I put mine in the GEO cradle, I leave it alone. Just an observation....not to criticize.

GulfCoastGeckos

Kjenkins

I always mark the top of mine. I candle 24 hrs after laying. Than leave it alone until time to hatch and candle one last time just be shur the embryo is moving around. Other wise I open my incubator and look twice a day. Unless of course like now i have an egg close to hatching so I check on them a few more times a day.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
I always mark the top of mine. I candle 24 hrs after laying. Than leave it alone until time to hatch and candle one last time just be shur the embryo is moving around. Other wise I open my incubator and look twice a day. Unless of course like now i have an egg close to hatching so I check on them a few more times a day.
I try not to open the incubator, so the temps and humidity stays constant. Mine has a window, so I can check without opening it. I only check my eggs once a week. That is when I actually take the lid off the cups and check the moisture.

Kjenkins

Sorry that's what I meant. Mine has a window witch I check. I didn't mean I opened it. lol No I do like you I open and check once a week and let air in ect. ect. You know the drill. I wear gloves when I handle the eggs to. I heard the oils on your hands are bad for them. So I try not touch a whole lot. I did move this egg to a larger container tho so it had room to hatch with out disturbing the others.

DrCarrotTail

If it's yellow inside it sounds like it was bad to begin with. Once an egg is fertile and starts developing it turns pink and stays pink/red. I really doubt it could change back to yellow. Sorry to say the one with the yellow spot on it doesn't look good. If it smells or is growing things I would get rid of it.

Visit our friends