Ready to hatch

tb144050

Just wait it out...if it hatches prematurely it will not be developed completely and its belly/stuff will still have too much hanging out. :O If it isn't out yet, then it isn't ready to come out. :)

Kjenkins

Just wait it out...if it hatches prematurely it will not be developed completely and its belly/stuff will still have too much hanging out. :O If it isn't out yet, then it isn't ready to come out. :)

I know I left it. Still nothing yet on this egg but i had a diff egg hatch tho. Can dside if its a tremper snow or just a tremper. Parents are tangerine het tremper and tremper jungle snow ph raptor. What you think? She is really cute. I could not believe this one hatched yet. Its 4 day younger than the one I'm waiting on. She sadly dose have a slit deformity on the very front of her eye lids. I blame that on me not having my incubator ready when they ere layed. Other wise a very active lil girl. P6270253.jpg P6270252.jpg

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Cute, cute baby! Congrats. I am guessing, but I am thinking it is a tremper because of the yellow body.

Kjenkins

Cute, cute baby! Congrats. I am guessing, but I am thinking it is a tremper because of the yellow body.
I think you right she just had a lot of white on her. Now I'm having trouble with the mom being poss het raptor. How would that effect the babies. I'm still a lil foggy on some of the genetics?

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
If the baby turns out to be a Tremper Albino, then it is 50% ph eclipse. The "het raptor" always is confusing for me, because it is three morph combos: eclipse, tremper albino, and patternless stripe. There is always a chance that it could be a Tremper Albino Hypo, also. Maybe someone that has crossed the Tangerines with Mack Snows can chime in. Genetics is an on going learning experience for me.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Possible het raptor would mean that there's a chance, as mentioned above, that the hatchling has an eclipse gene. Otherwise, you may get some stripe influence (aberrant, jungle, stripe) in future hatchings (not this one). I agree it's not a snow because it's too yellow.

Aliza

Kjenkins

Ok that at least gives me something to go on. I thought I was right about the eclipse but wanted to be sure first. Awesome and raptor is so very confusing Stacy. I just didn't want to label her wrong. So her would be a Tremper Albino 50% het Eclipse right? I need to work on my raptor genetics. I'm good with basic stuff once you get 3 or 4 things going on tho my brain shuts down. lol I'll get the hang of tho one way or an other.

tb144050

The best way I can explain it is:

Genetically, a raptor is Tremper Eclipse (with a visual "patternless" look to it).

You said "Parents are tangerine het tremper and tremper jungle snow ph raptor." So essentially, it is "tangerine het tremper" x "Tremper POSSIBLE HET eclipse".

A reptile calculator will break down the probabilities, but generally you can expect:

Some trempers;
Some "het trempers" (due to the tremper gene guaranteed from the "Tremper ph eclipse" parent)
-------------------------------------
^^^^^^Some of EACH of these 2 categories will be snow (random).
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless your "tangerine het tremper" is actually hiding a "het eclipse", then NONE should be showing the eclipse gene. If ANY come out with eclipse eyes, they you KNOW that the "tangerine het tremper" is actually "tangerine het tremper HET ECLIPSE"......which some might call "tangerine het RAPTOR" to shorten the title.

However, after all the babies have hatched, if NONE of them have eclipse eyes (which is not expected anyway because the Tang het tremper is not identified as such),........then you have still not proven OR dis-proven your "possible het eclipse" parent. Your possible het eclipse" parent is still a "possible het eclipse".........and, in this situation, all the little babies would be "_____________ Low-possibility het eclipse". This part is pretty self-explanatory, but I will go ahead and cover it: The parent was a "POSSIBLE het eclipse" x "NON-eclipse" parent........so the babies have even LOWER POSSIBILITY of receiving an eclipse gene (that was last CONFIRMED in one of the babies' GRANDPARENTS).

If they were mine (and I just love to have specifically-identified genes),.....I would mate the "possible eclipse" to a KNOWN-eclipse. ALL the babies from this mating (possible x confirmed eclipse) will be specifically "eclipse" or "KNOWN HET-eclipse". And then you would be able to apply this new information to labeling the eclipse-probablility of the babies hatching already. :D

Kjenkins

So my egg went bad the baby died. It's sad but that's the way it go's some times I guess. I checked it and it stunk to high heaven. Man that is a smell I don't look forward to again. The hatch mate to this egg may end up the same but I have my fingers crossed. As for my lil girl she seems to be doing just fine. When do hatch-lings normally start eating worms? I put a bowl of vionate and osteo form sa mix in with her. I droped a few meal worms in the bowl just to give her the option of eating. I know they normally don't start eating until after there first shed but she seems a lil small even for a hatchling. Almost like she is a runt but she is a strong lil one she's been climbing with out any trouble and running so it may just be me worrying my self for no reason. I'll post a new pic of her tomorrow and see what yall think of her now.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
So sorry about the egg. It happens.:( Sometimes they make it up to a point of hatching. If they are not strong enough to break out of the egg, then there is probably something wrong.
I have had some that shed, pooped, and started eating in three days. But I have some that waited until almost a week. I just check every morning. When I see a tiny poop, I start giving them mini mealworms.

Visit our friends