Ready to hatch

Kjenkins

Hey guys I just checked on my egg and it stated growing some mold now. Its 8 weeks and 1 day old incubated at 82-83. Its still sweating and I can still see the egg moving. Still candles pink. What should I do?

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Hey guys I just checked on my egg and it stated growing some mold now. Its 8 weeks and 1 day old incubated at 82-83. Its still sweating and I can still see the egg moving. Still candles pink. What should I do?
Just very gently take a q tip, and wipe the mold off. Double check that the egg is not in contact with any water or condensation.

Kjenkins

Just very gently take a q tip, and wipe the mold off. Double check that the egg is not in contact with any water or condensation.

Ok I'll do that and I know for a fact that it not in contact with water. Will the mold kill it I can still watch the egg and see that the baby is moving around inside with out candling it. Its almost like its trying to get out. Its been sweating for 4 days now tho.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
As long as you wipe off the mold, hopefully it will be ok. Last year I had one egg that was growing mold, and oozing ( I know, gross!), two weeks before hatching. Each day I just wiped off the mold. The egg never did collapse, and hatched out a nice Bandit, which I have today.

Kjenkins

As long as you wipe off the mold, hopefully it will be ok. Last year I had one egg that was growing mold, and oozing ( I know, gross!), two weeks before hatching. Each day I just wiped off the mold. The egg never did collapse, and hatched out a nice Bandit, which I have today.

Cool that makes me feel a lil better. I was like totally devastated. I thought to my self (nooooo your so close to hatching you can't do this to me.) I just got back home and checked it again and no more mold was on it so hopefully that did the trick. Thank you so much I was really freaking out this morning.

tb144050

If my math is correct, then today is Day 58 (??), you should have babies in the next 48 hours if you have provided a constant (steady) 82-83Far (with a herpstat). With an "on/off" thermostat, the temp variance in the incubator could have caused a lower temp inside the CUP/container (which would add a little bit more time). :D

Kjenkins

If my math is correct, then today is Day 58 (??), you should have babies in the next 48 hours if you have provided a constant (steady) 82-83Far (with a herpstat). With an "on/off" thermostat, the temp variance in the incubator could have caused a lower temp inside the CUP/container (which would add a little bit more time). :D

Awww you remember my home made incubator failer.lol Sadly it still is not working I need to get back on that project. I did how ever purchase a hova bator.:main_thumbsup: That's were all my eggs are so I don't have that prob any more. Your math is also correct I can't wait. I wiped some more mold off it to day so I candled it and can see the baby moving in side. The hatch mate started to sweat now to but has no mold on it witch is awesome. They are not in the same container before some one asks. lol I think i'm going to lose my mind if it doesn't hatch soon.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Kara, we are walking the floor with you! I check this post every day. Also waiting on any news from KashMoney Exotics. Hopefully, it will be soon for both of you!

Last edited:

Kjenkins

Kara, we are walking the floor with you! I check this post every day. Also waiting on any news from KashMoney Exotics. Hopefully, it will be soon for both of you!

I hope so to and yeah KME hasn't posted in a bit. I hope his egg is doing ok to. You know I don't think giving birth to my son was this stressful. lol

KashMoneyExotics

My newer eggs were starting to dent then I aded water to the medium and the puffed back up. The egg I was concerned about feels a little harder but still has the dents in it, I can feel whats ever is inside

Kjenkins

My newer eggs were starting to dent then I aded water to the medium and the puffed back up. The egg I was concerned about feels a little harder but still has the dents in it, I can feel whats ever is inside

That's good. Our eggs were layed around the same time. So hopefully we will both have babies running around soon. I just check the second clutch due to hatch after this one. The babies in that clutch are very active lil critters. They were bouncing off the walls so to speck. lol My second batch was layed 4 days after the first so my fingers are crossed that they will hatch soon after. Its cool to have some one to ride out the wait with. lol Good luck my friend.

Kjenkins

The suspense is killing me! :D

I know right! It started to dent yesterday. The dent had grown when I checked this morn. Should be soon I'm hopeing it will be later today. I just hope it will be ok my first 3 clutches I didn't have my incubator yet. I put them in my rack witch keep a pretty constant temp. They were only in my rack for about 4 days until I could get to the store to get my incubator. That may be why its takeing a few more days than what it should. I thought about that last night and went O yeah that's right. lol I have 24 eggs now but only the first 6 eggs were the ones I had to do that with I hope they come out ok.

tb144050

Was your cup/container set onto the rack's heattape? or just set into the rack for slightly warmer air-temp (emitted from heattape in an enclosed rack, 3sided)?

Kjenkins

Was your cup/container set onto the rack's heattape? or just set into the rack for slightly warmer air-temp (emitted from heattape in an enclosed rack, 3sided)?
The cup was in side one of my rack tubes not on the tape. With water bottles around it. the front of my rack is open. It keep the eggs around 80.

Kjenkins

So it still has not hatched yet. I'm still pulling my hair out. So when should I start to worry? The egg has a very large dent in it and I can see it moving around. When if ever should I help it out. I don't want it to die because it can't get out of the shell? I'm going to check on it after I get done cleaning today. I hope by than if it hasn't hatched I'll get back on and there will be some advice on here for me. I'm just starting to get a lil worried.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
If the humidity is good, the egg softens and dents before the baby pops out. I have never helped one out, so I can not advise on this. Mother nature usually takes care of this. If the hatchling is strong and healthy, it will pop open the egg. Fingers crossed that you come back, and see it hatched.

Kjenkins

As of now still nothing yet. I'll check again in a bit. I'v heard of people popping eggs but didn't know if I should or not. I did check my humidity gauge it was reading 87% I know it's a lil low. Optimum is 90-95 right? I'm going to go re-hydrate my slots that should bring it back up. I keep a spoung i laying inside the incubator a well to hold some extra moister. I'll be back people hopefully with a new child here soon.

Visit our friends