Show Off Your Cages

williamsr815

Here is my new setup to accommodate the new addition:
IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

My first leo, set up, and post!

Here is Archie's new set up in a 20g L. He was on repticarpet, but it just looks so boring for him, to me. The sphinx is his warm hide, the long rock/cave is his humid hide, and the rock covered in cacti is his cool hide. The light fixture is a ceramic heat emitter (UTH under the hot side) He freaking loves that sphinx and humid hut. You can see him in the third picture, he is still a juvenile.

Amy

View attachment 38754 View attachment 38755

The first one was with repti-carpet and moss on top of the log hide (kinda messy)...

The Second is after the remodel, new vinyl tile flooring with a spacious moist hide cave big enough for my two new juvie gex to hide together (caught them both in there this morning;)) on the cool side. Their desert cave and driftwood have been re-purposed as the hot hide, the water dish (not shown) is on this same side, I've also added a faux bromeliad for some climbing and aesthetic pleasure...

Overall they enjoyed the changes along with a new food dish and a nice feast of dusted crickets and mealworms.:main_laugh:

Sorry if the pics are not high quality... I took them on my phone.

Amy

I spot clean every other day or so, then I do a major clean on the weekends about every other week sometimes more if my leos are pooping a lot or there seems to be excess calcium on the tile from feeding.

leolover30

The New Tank!!!

I had Tiki, Izzy, and Yoshi in a 30 gallon tank and they have completely outgrown it. I actually had moved Tiki out for a while into a 10 gallon of her own because she wasn't eating well. So, I actually had two adults in the 30 gallon and one adult in a 10 gallon. I have upgraded! Woohoo! I have a 55 gallon that I got for 50.00 along with the stand! :D They are all enjoying the much needed extra space. I even had room for 2 food dishes now to help Tiki with her "eating problem". Hopefully it will all work out. If not, I'll move her to either the 30 gallon or back to the 10. Not sure yet. Anyway, I figured I would show off their new home. Eventually that background will come down and I will do a faux stone wall to match their hides. Eventually. LOL! :main_rolleyes:

Scoob

I had Tiki, Izzy, and Yoshi in a 30 gallon tank and they have completely outgrown it. I actually had moved Tiki out for a while into a 10 gallon of her own because she wasn't eating well. So, I actually had two adults in the 30 gallon and one adult in a 10 gallon. I have upgraded! Woohoo! I have a 55 gallon that I got for 50.00 along with the stand! :D They are all enjoying the much needed extra space. I even had room for 2 food dishes now to help Tiki with her "eating problem". Hopefully it will all work out. If not, I'll move her to either the 30 gallon or back to the 10. Not sure yet. Anyway, I figured I would show off their new home. Eventually that background will come down and I will do a faux stone wall to match their hides. Eventually. LOL! :main_rolleyes:
what are you planning to do with that current background? I've been looking around and haven't found many in that size, but I like that one. would you be willing to sell it when you take it down?

leolover30

what are you planning to do with that current background? I've been looking around and haven't found many in that size, but I like that one. would you be willing to sell it when you take it down?

You are more than welcome to it if we take it down Scoob. It came free with the tank, so I wouldn't charge you anything for it. The top right corner is torn a bit, but it doesn't really show. It's about 4 foot by 18 inches. Is that the size you need? I'm not exactly sure when we would take it down though. I'm not quite sure when I will get around to making the wall. I'll pm you in the future if we do it though. :main_thumbsup:

Scoob

You are more than welcome to it if we take it down Scoob. It came free with the tank, so I wouldn't charge you anything for it. The top right corner is torn a bit, but it doesn't really show. It's about 4 foot by 18 inches. Is that the size you need? I'm not exactly sure when we would take it down though. I'm not quite sure when I will get around to making the wall. I'll pm you in the future if we do it though. :main_thumbsup:
that is the size I need. Thanks a lot! =)

CPS

What are you using as substrate in that tank? It looks ridged from the photo.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
every when do you guys do a general cleaning to your cages? :) or you just spot clean it and dats it? tnx

I spot clean after each feeding. My leo uses a litterbox so that gets emptied as needed, every week or so, then the floor is vinyl tiles and he is on an all in suppliment so no calcium dish needed, but we do need to clean up dust from the feeder bugs that are dropped into his viv to feed him. I think since Eros uses a litterbox it really relieves a LOT of most other owners cleaning issues. I also think having a solid floor insted of loose substrait also makes it very easy to maintain.

Overhead view of my set up. You can see the litterbox next to his humid hide. Vinyl tile flooring and lots of natural stone.

tank_top_view_1-2011-uZzFL.jpeg

Chosen010

FANATiC
My first Leo and first DYI

I've recently become enthralled with the morphs and unfortunately a pet shop purchaser for my first leo. It wasn't until after I had him/her (unsexed) that I really got into it. Graduated from a 5 gal pet shop special to this 20 G Long. Just can't find a background I like..

Styro DIY bottom molded around stone "feeding bowl" where my heat pad sits.
Styro DIY Rock formation steps and plateau and mountain by the bowl.

I'm a noob, but very enthusiastic... as much as my wife allows anyway.

houseb

thanks :). Working on getting a piece of poster paper large enough to cover the back so I can paint one. I actually have a graphic design I made in Photoshop, but I found out it'd cost me like $60 to print it.

Visit our friends