Show Off Your Cages

houseb

Haha thanks :). To be honest I really would have never thought to do any of this if it weren't for all of the seriously creative peeps here.

I really didn't realize that printing was so expensive (think of all the butterworms, silkies, and supers that could buy :D), but I'm going to keep shopping around.

Here's a pic of what the design looks like (I shrunk it down, the original file is HUGE):
minibackground.jpg

Franklinj480

very true. perhaps you could give a 3d background a try? the grouted styrofoam technique can be very attractive. its also very cheap

Franklinj480

Hey James that's a cool viv.

What are you using for substrate? It almost looks like a rock version of that rubbery stuff they use on modern playgrounds for kids.

blueappal

Hey James that's a cool viv.

What are you using for substrate? It almost looks like a rock version of that rubbery stuff they use on modern playgrounds for kids.

I'm just using ceramic on the bottom level and slate on the second. I used Stone Spray to get the effect you see. I also put a very thin coat of matte sealant for cleaning purposes. The finish still has a good traction and it doesn't flake.

Franklinj480

That's an awesome idea. I'll have to pick up some stone spray and give it a try. I'm going to use ceramic tile to make another level for my viv.

blueappal

I bought 2 cans.... a light and a dark can. I would do light sprays after the first coat. You can also do sprays at an angle after the first few layers dry... this will give you some excellent effects.

Visit our friends