Show Off Your Cages

LD404

Tondu I love the rounded shapes of your hides - I think mine are a little too open. Did you use spray foam? It looks really great, like molded river rock. I was going for piles of slate with my design, like the rock formations out here in SoCal :)

My leo doesn't seem to mind the hides being so open though - his favourite spots to nap are on top of the highest ledges, or on top of his hides, fully in the open (crazy gecko lol!) Trusting little leo for being a sub adult and only three days from the breeder! He can almost climb the wall straight up, it's rough and uneven enough (again, crazy gecko!)

tondu

lol Our geckos think they can climb too but they always fall lol thats why we went for not so much high climbing for them in this tank.
Thanks, yes its spray foam. We used cardboard for straight edges and the foam does the rest. We use a corner of the box and let it dry then peeled the cardboard away then you have a good straight corner piece.
Thanks for the kind words!

Krow

Here's my baby tegu's tank. 55g long
298988_256180607740180_100000447281576_913343_6508525_n.jpg

Krow

There's some really beautiful enclosures in here, in comparison mine seems pretty sparse :main_laugh: but I'm still proud of it!

Any suggestion for improvement are completely welcome!! I've been trying to make it as comfortable as possible for my little guy so I'd love to know what you guys think.

Looks nice. Reason why it looks so 'sparse,' is because you need some nice, full plants to fill in the spaces, maybe add some cool looking polished rocks or something. :)

grboxa

This is not yet complete but here is what I have so far. I still need a background, I have to cover the verticle open on the left back and I have to make my food dishes. I should be ready to order my 3 leos before end of next week YEA

Please give me your input

Thanks Michael

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

crazy nice!. geckos are lucky :main_thumbsup:

zet

Just upgraded to a larger tank :D

edit: got new bg and some leaves :)

44621744.jpg

320978_10150308041024397_642944396_7793051_897415363_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I like your background Zet... :main_thumbsup:

George what are those balls you're using for substrait on your particle side?

Rurso01

Hello everyone, this is my first post here I love the community.

This is the home I put together for my three baby leos enjoy!

I know this poster is probably no longer on the site but does anyone know a site I can get that sphinx hide from?! That thing is awesome!! It's on page 20 for some reason my quote didnt bring his/her pictures with it. I guess cuz they were thumbnails.

Last edited:

Bushido

1. How much did it cost to do your tanks set-up's?

2. What is everyone's tank size?

3. Where can I buy some 'hides' or caves besides PetCo?

Eastling352

Membrane

You can pretty much get hides at any pet store. And there's also many for sale at ebay and amazon.

And my cage is 60x30 cm, pics will be uploaded when it's done ;-)

sent with potato

Pinned27

1: it all depends on what you do to your tank, so cost varies.

2: seems like most people use 20g, but a 10g can be used for babies/juvis, and a 20g is recommended for adults even though you can still use a 10g.

3:petsmart, lol, but almost anywhere. You can make hides out of bowls turned upside down with a cutout (melt the edges with a lighter so your gecko is sage). You can make your own out of Styrofoam then harden it with grout then seal it with grout sealer. Theres a lot of options here. get creative. but remember dont make the entrance hole to big, just enough for your gecko to get in and out.

coker101

Just finished it up tonight...nothing amazing but it's a lot better than what I had. It's a long 20gal.

92imag0032.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

78imag0033.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

cr1chard

My ghetto 20 gallon long enclosure. I'll eventually do some fake rock stuff.

hfWsj.jpg

The hot side...

vo2FB.jpg

The cool side...

VsLyq.jpg

The resident...

rsTXR.jpg

I'll toss my pimped out beardie enclosure here too...

OVVik.jpg

3RFQH.jpg

Visit our friends