Show Off Your Cages

LeoGeckoDude

Here's mine.

Very basic so far, but Teicho loves it and I think it looks nice :) I want to add more climbing / scenic features soon, but for now it will do :)

photo-4-1.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-3-2.jpg

karencowboymojo

Karencowboymojo&TUC
We have a new setup! They are so happy. I wish I could save all the unhappy pet store leo's I feel sorry for them, especially the one i saw at Petco last week. He was so unhealthy his feet were black, skinny, scaly, and worst off the tank in midday was only 70 degrees. I brought it to there attention and they said the vendor's needed to come fix tanks. WTL

Redag

OK, first time leopard gecko person here, in the later weeks of preparation to actually get livestock. I've been doing a lot of work with stone tile to create terrain/hides/obstacles and I like the look so far. Be aware I know I will have to even the base layer of tiles and get at least one humid hide, but other than that I am excited to show off and to solicit advice about how navigable for a leopard gecko the design I have prepped so far is.

The tank is 29-gallon long which refuses to completely de-fog.

Zachcvh

Just a week or so ago, I got a leopard gecko and tank from my mom's friend. She had it as a kindergarden class pet. Luckily it all came free for me. But the cage needs a lot of work. And I am not an expert on these cages, so I need any help I can get.

http://imgur.com/a/0zTbO#augq1

LeoparddGeckoss

Just a week or so ago, I got a leopard gecko and tank from my mom's friend. She had it as a kindergarden class pet. Luckily it all came free for me. But the cage needs a lot of work. And I am not an expert on these cages, so I need any help I can get.

http://imgur.com/a/0zTbO#augq1

~ I personally don't recommend reptile carpet. They often get their toenails and teeth stuck on the carpet.
~ I don't see a humid/moist hide? You need one of these. Place it on the warm side.
~ I see a dial thermometer. These are not very accurate. I recommend either a temp. gun or two digital thermometers with probes to measure the temperatures on the warm and cool side. The warm side should be 88-95*F and the cool side should be 75-77*F. You need to measure the floor temperature.
~ You need a calcium dish. Buy calcium without D3, put it in a dish, and place it in the enclosure.
~ Do you have a heat pad hooked up to a thermostat?

Zachcvh

~ I personally don't recommend reptile carpet. They often get their toenails and teeth stuck on the carpet.
~ I don't see a humid/moist hide? You need one of these. Place it on the warm side.
~ I see a dial thermometer. These are not very accurate. I recommend either a temp. gun or two digital thermometers with probes to measure the temperatures on the warm and cool side. The warm side should be 88-95*F and the cool side should be 75-77*F. You need to measure the floor temperature.
~ You need a calcium dish. Buy calcium without D3, put it in a dish, and place it in the enclosure.
~ Do you have a heat pad hooked up to a thermostat?

I just put in a ceramic tile on one half and later this week im going to get some more and put it in on the other half.
The moist side is now the tile side. With the moist hide rubbermaid thing with wet paper towel in it.
I was told by the worker at the Mr. Pets i went to that I don't need a calcium dish because I cover my crickets in calcium powder before feeding.
The heat pad is under his hide on the warm side, but it is not hooked up to a thermostat.

LeoparddGeckoss

I just put in a ceramic tile on one half and later this week im going to get some more and put it in on the other half.
The moist side is now the tile side. With the moist hide rubbermaid thing with wet paper towel in it.
I was told by the worker at the Mr. Pets i went to that I don't need a calcium dish because I cover my crickets in calcium powder before feeding.
The heat pad is under his hide on the warm side, but it is not hooked up to a thermostat.

I, and many others, recommend a calcium dish. If you are not supplementing his food enough, he can lick the calcium he needs. :)

I recommend Zoo Med's Thermostat. Heat pads will get hot, so a thermostat is needed.

Good luck! :)

Zachcvh

I, and many others, recommend a calcium dish. If you are not supplementing his food enough, he can lick the calcium he needs. :)

I recommend Zoo Med's Thermostat. Heat pads will get hot, so a thermostat is needed.

Good luck! :)

Thank you for all your help :) I think I'll start using the calcium dish. And I'm looking on Zoo Meds website for a thermostat right now :)

Zachcvh

Ok, so today I went to Petsmart and picked up all the supplies you recommended and redid his cage. I got one piece of ceramic tile from my dad, he's a flooring salesman, he is going to get me another tile when he goes in to work on monday. Thank you for all your help.

Album of his new cage: http://imgur.com/a/xTpIX

Visit our friends