What brand do you use?

Embrace Calamity

Repashy all the way. I'd never use anything else. It's so much easier than buying calcium with D3, calcium without D3, and a multivitamin. Just buy one and have a healthy gecko without the extra money or hassle. :)

~Maggot

EXTREME_HERPS

Deffinately repashy! No need to buy three different supplements...that will just cost you more & not to mention the hassle of keeping track of which supplements to use which days. With repashy you just dust every feeding :)

ericssonfan81

Repashy Calcium Plus FTW! A hit with my geckos and no more dusting schedules!
Before that I was using Zoo Med brand Calcium with and without D3 along with Rep-Cal Herptivite.

DrCarrotTail

Guess I'm in the minority using lots of things but I use RepCal with and without D3 and Reptivite. I leave a soda cap of ZooMed Calcium in each gecko's tub as I got a ton of it for free and and am not a fan of how it coats the bugs.

lisa127

I use Repashy as well. I used to use Reptivite and a calcium without d3. But my gecko refuses to eat food dusted with Reptivite for some reason. He likes the Repashy though.

Embrace Calamity

I was on another forum, and when I said that Repashy is to be used every day, someone said that that's bad because there's too much D3 and it will cause an overdose. I'm not worried about it at all, but does anyone else have thoughts?

~Maggot

Kylerbassman

You just need to follow directions. Don't leave lots of excess powder in your tank. It is just dusted on feeders not kept in a dish for them. The D3 can be dangerous but the only people who I have ever heard having problems where those who leave it in a dish in there tank and then dust every feeder on top of that. Also, you need to be using the right size feeders. If your feeding tons and tons of small mealies and crickets that are undersized, then your giving them a lot more Repashy. Try to get/use as big as is safe for your gecko. This will also help to reduce other bad side affects like compaction over large amounts of chitin and regurgitation during large meals. When feeding/using with Repashy calcium plu correctly, there should be no problems

Embrace Calamity

You just need to follow directions. Don't leave lots of excess powder in your tank. It is just dusted on feeders not kept in a dish for them. The D3 can be dangerous but the only people who I have ever heard having problems where those who leave it in a dish in there tank and then dust every feeder on top of that. Also, you need to be using the right size feeders. If your feeding tons and tons of small mealies and crickets that are undersized, then your giving them a lot more Repashy. Try to get/use as big as is safe for your gecko. This will also help to reduce other bad side affects like compaction over large amounts of chitin and regurgitation during large meals. When feeding/using with Repashy calcium plu correctly, there should be no problems
Have you ever heard of a gecko who was confirmed via veterinary tests (not speculation) to have had a D3 overdose?

~Maggot

Kylerbassman

Not that I can truly reference or state as fact, but it is possible to overdose them with d3 as I have heard from some very knowledgable sources that I truly would 100 percent trust. I would think you would need to give them a lot to overdose them. There is a possibility of a lot of thing that never really happen though. It's just good to be safe and use as directed.

Embrace Calamity

Not that I can truly reference or state as fact, but it is possible to overdose them with d3 as I have heard from some very knowledgable sources that I truly would 100 percent trust. I would think you would need to give them a lot to overdose them. There is a possibility of a lot of thing that never really happen though. It's just good to be safe and use as directed.
Well anything could overdose on pretty much anything, including calcium. I don't doubt that it's possible to overdose on D3, but it comes down to whether or not there's enough in commercial supplements to actually do the job. I've heard a lot of people freak out about D3 overdose, but as far as I'm aware, no one has ever heard of an actual documented proven case, which is why I asked if the examples you stated were actually one of those.

~Maggot

Kylerbassman

Well, I will say this, Repashy calcium plus only has only 25% of the amount of D3 that rep cal calcium with d3 has.

I found this a while back

Quote from someone else that I know has a good point and background

I think this heavily depends on the species. Diurnal species like phelsuma who spend much time basking in the sun naturally take in more D3 than a nocturnal animal. If you compare products, there is also a big difference in Vit D3 content. Allen Repashy makes calcium with 4 levels of varying D3 from none to high. Even his high D3 version only contains 25% of the D3 in RepCal calcium plus. When asked why this was, Allen's reply (which I cannot post) suggested that there ARE toxic levels of D3 and he feels his products are designed with that in mind, while others on the market are not.

Embrace Calamity

Do you have a link to that by chance? I'd be interested to read it. I know someone compared Reptivite (I think) with Repashy, and the Repashy actually had more, I believe.

~Maggot

Kylerbassman

I'll see what I'll come up with. I know they also need the d3 to process the calcium so it's kind of a double edged sword. I'll see if I can't get the link

Visit our friends