TonyRusso4830!!

Hello -

I am new to having a Leopard Gecko. I have had one since September. I have done a lot of research and asked a lot of questions from people that would know more than me about having a leopard gecko as a pet. The Gecko has always slid across his habitat when walking, but it seems as though it is having a harder time picking up its front legs. I looked it up and this is a sign of metabolic bone disease. I always have a fresh bowl of water and put vitamins in it. I always put calcium powder on its crickets and mealworms. I just want to be sure that I am doing everything correctly as this is also my 8 year old sons pet. Is there something else I should be looking for? Is there anything that I can do immediately to ensure it is getting the nutrition it needs?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I tried to post a video, but this form will not allow me to.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Check your supplements (the calcium and vitamins) to make sure you are also providing vitamin D3 which the gecko needs to metabolize the calcium. Even if there is D3 in the water, I'd recommend switching to an all-in-one supplement like Repashy Calcium Plus which has the calcium and the D3. Dust the feeders with it every other feeding. Sometimes if they have it in the cage and eat too much of it they get too much calcium and can have symptoms. There is a way to post a video on here, but I'm not sure how. You could make one, post it on YouTube and send us the link. Even a picture of the gecko standing would be helpful. The most obvious sign of MBD is when the legs are bowed out instead of straight.

Aliza

Visit our friends