Small Pet Feeders - Am i in the wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

im faster

Should Slow Down
and up until that post you just made i was going to compromise and only ask for half back. because it seemed like a feasible comprise.
after that well let paypal handle it and i will get the full refund.

Dimidiata

Thats it, i give. Go to town, heres a chainsaw for the both of you. Have fun and if you dont aim for the vitals it will last longer.

Small Pet Feeders

and up until that post you just made i was going to compromise and only ask for half back. because it seemed like a feasible comprise.
after that well let paypal handle it and i will get the full refund.

Do what you feel is necessary, and we'll do the same.

Best of luck.

-Dave
SPF

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
WOW. First off, I do not use, nor do I do business with anything 'live' with businesses that ship through USPS. They sometimes provide a tracking number, but it is seldom even entered into their system so the shipment can be tracked. Second, they do not guarantee live delivery, or even overnight delivery even you've paid for it. FedEx and UPS suck, but USPS sucks even more.

I've been in business for 16 years, and have my share of messed up feeder orders. The companies I stay with stand behind their commitment to good customer service. If the supplier, shipper, or whoever messes up, what's wrong with plain and simple admitting there was a problem, making good on it, and then going after the shipping company for a refund? We don't stay in business because USPS ships our products... we stay in business because our customers are satisfied. They do not pay a premium for what goes on behind the scenes. They pay for feeders, and expect them to be delivered as agreed. What's so complicated about that?
Small Pet Feeders said:
Let me ask you, if you were able to get crickets elsewhere for cheaper, and were currently, and that price was a big issue for you enough to ask another company to match it, would you then drop the petition for a lower price and buy crickets from that company for their regular price?
Dave, we had a L-O-N-G talk when you called me to solicit your business. I flat-out gave you the numbers of what I needed and how much I was currently paying. You said you could beat that, and promised to send me an email with a proposal, and we agreed to do a trial order. That was before Thanksgiving, and I have yet to hear from you. Based on your inability to follow through with your commitment, and this post, you couldn't pay me to do business with you. If you want to swim in the ocean with the big fishies, you have to get out of the slimy pond.

Small Pet Feeders

First off Marcia, I'd like to say your final statement was rather rude. I didn't respond to you because I couldn't beat the $6-$7 you were paying per box of crickets, even though my cricket farm was willing to take a slight cut, I couldn't get MY price that low. I have many many clients I keep in close contact with, and to assume I want to "swim in the ocean with the big fishes" is presumptuous, and to refer to our current location as "a slimy pond" is just simply inflammatory, no need for such negative comparisons, especially when we've never even did business together. What do you base these unjustified feelings for me?

If you were so concerned about hearing back from us, how come I never heard from you? You had our email and phone number, I'd hope you of all people, as a small business owner, can understand the hectic atmosphere of the holidays. I'm sorry if you were expecting a prompt quote, but you always had the ability to touch base and ask the status of such quote.

And if you've been in business 16 years, surely you must know that not only does USPS not guarantee Live delivery, but neither does UPS or Fedex, at the very least on insects. That "Live Guarantee" feeder buyers receive is solely given and insured by the feeder company, it is never reimbursed by the shipping company unless the delivery time was longer than quoted. We don't use USPS on the regular, but our Cricket and Superworm farm does, and despite our Fedex favorite, the final decision is theirs and they guarantee live arrival with this shipping method so no harm no foul.

I've received 4-5 separate members of this forum who have emailed and private messaged their support for our stance in this matter, and it seems that Dennis is no stranger to dishonest and violent behavior on this forum. We really appreciate those who take the time to read this whole story and see it from a clear perspective, free of biasing.

Have a great Tuesday everyone! :)

KelliH

I've received 4-5 separate members of this forum who have emailed and private messaged their support for our stance in this matter, and it seems that Dennis is no stranger to dishonest and violent behavior on this forum. We really appreciate those who take the time to read this whole story and see it from a clear perspective, free of biasing.

Have a great Tuesday everyone! :)

If Dennis had threatened anyone with violence or displayed violent behaviour on this website he would be banned. We do not allow that type of thing here. If you have pm's from members asserting this please forward them to me.

roger

To be honest, if I was a "crook", I wouldn't have stayed in close contact with Dennis. Dennis is not being completely upfront with all the information.

We shipped him 5000 crickets with a previous order in November. He received them safely, and was aware of us not being able to supply USPS tracking information for our cricket/superworm orders as we do use a small family farm that has older postal equipment, which is in the process of being updated. Our farm brings the orders directly down to the post office with a small 2"x3" postal stamp affixed to the top, that's it. It's because of this that we are able to beat most companies shipping rates for these orders, another fact Dennis knew.

We offer Tracking information with all our other orders that are shipped Fedex, but as the crickets and superworms are shipped by a 3rd party small farm via USPS, it makes obtaining tracking information for these packages difficult as our farmers really live in a pre-internet era and didn't understand, nor require previously, the need for Tracking Information on their shipments. It's because of this that we're working with them to get this changed so that we can avoid issues like this in the future.

We, nor our farm, have ever had an issue with this size of an order just simply not showing up, let alone not showing up twice on the same order. It's because of this, and the buyer's attempts to obtain excessive discounts from us previously under the flag of a matching a competitor's rates without an invoice to prove the claim, that we find the whole situation suspicious of Magical Geckos trying to capitalize on knowing we didn't and couldn't supply tracking information on cricket orders and of having quite possibly received one or both of the orders shipped out for them while also petitioning Paypal for a refund. I also find it odd that he asks everyone if he's "in the wrong" for there being no delivery confirmation on the package and asking for a refund on such, and not for not receiving his order and asking for a refund. This in itself points to him not receiving his order as ever being an issue, and that he is in fact asking for a refund because there was no tracking information on the packages, packages I believe he received.

I'm an honest person, and have worked with several on this forum, including the owner Kelli. We always replace DOA orders, and stay in constant close contact with all our clients. To judge my company and I as a "crook" based on this sole situation, would be extremely prejudicial and untrue. We hope you all can look at this from our point of view, knowing we stayed in close contact with Dennis and never avoided him, and see that we've been honest and forthcoming this whole time, and will continue to in the future, while having Tracking Information to prove against any nasty accusations such as these that hopefully will never arise.

Although you were dealing with a third party to ship your crickets,you should be responsible to supply your customer a tracking number instead of passing the buck to your third party shippers to do so.You are the one that is collecting the purchasers money aren't you ??

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Small Pet feeders said:
First off Marcia, I'd like to say your final statement was rather rude. I didn't respond to you because I couldn't beat the $6-$7 you were paying per box of crickets, even though my cricket farm was willing to take a slight cut, I couldn't get MY price that low. I have many many clients I keep in close contact with, and to assume I want to "swim in the ocean with the big fishes" is presumptuous, and to refer to our current location as "a slimy pond" is just simply inflammatory, no need for such negative comparisons, especially when we've never even did business together. What do you base these unjustified feelings for me?

If you were so concerned about hearing back from us, how come I never heard from you? You had our email and phone number, I'd hope you of all people, as a small business owner, can understand the hectic atmosphere of the holidays. I'm sorry if you were expecting a prompt quote, but you always had the ability to touch base and ask the status of such quote.

And if you've been in business 16 years, surely you must know that not only does USPS not guarantee Live delivery, but neither does UPS or Fedex, at the very least on insects. That "Live Guarantee" feeder buyers receive is solely given and insured by the feeder company, it is never reimbursed by the shipping company unless the delivery time was longer than quoted. We don't use USPS on the regular, but our Cricket and Superworm farm does, and despite our Fedex favorite, the final decision is theirs and they guarantee live arrival with this shipping method so no harm no foul.
Dave, you are a real piece of work. Why on earth should I call YOU if you committed to send me a proposal? I am perfectly happy with the feeders and service I already get. Which, by the way, is TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL of you to post my business costs on a public forum!

I am not giving any negative information... just the truth and facts. I'm sorry if you feel defensive, but that really isn't my problem. The truth is, you called me to solicit my business. I told you straight up what you needed to do to EARN my business, and you did not come through. I am not the bad buy here, Dave. I responded to a post here on GF regarding your business practices with honesty and integrity, and based on your responses this may be lacking on your part. This isn't about ME... it's about YOU.

im faster

Should Slow Down

PROVE THIS.
AGAIN, you are making slanderous remarks and NOT backing them up.

I have many times expressed my opinion about information posted not to some peoples liking.
NEVER have I posted ANY violent behavior, or been dishonest about anything on here.

YOU are in the wrong here. and you keep trying to turn this around on me making me look like a bad person.

doublet74

I have to tell you in reading this entire thread I can't seem to pick a side. Both sides seem to have valid points. However I do think that all of us can learn from this ( seller and buyer ). In order too avoid unfortunate circumstances such as this. TRACKING is a valuable tool which NEEDS to be taken advantage of in order to protect both the seller and the buyer. JMO

GeckoCrossing

I'd just like to toss in my 2 cents on this. I completely agree with Marcia btw.
If you're running a business that relies on shipping of any kind, especially with live feeders or animals, then it's your job to make sure that there is tracking for any packages sent out. If you don't... then you can't complain when a package goes missing. And trying to cast suspicion on the customer is ridiculous when you're the one at fault.

Small Pet Feeders

Marcia, I couldn't beat the prices you are currently offered, so I didn't want to waste yours or my time. I would have thought as a business owner yourself that you would understand how hectic the holidays can get, and if you didn't I apologize for not getting back to you. You're right, I should have done so.

Small Pet Feeders

I'd just like to toss in my 2 cents on this. I completely agree with Marcia btw.
If you're running a business that relies on shipping of any kind, especially with live feeders or animals, then it's your job to make sure that there is tracking for any packages sent out. If you don't... then you can't complain when a package goes missing. And trying to cast suspicion on the customer is ridiculous when you're the one at fault.

I'm not "trying to cast doubt" on anyone. This is my side of this unfortunate occurrence. Would I still be casting doubt if my, and other's, suspicions are true about Mr. Blankenship? Do you not find it the least bit unusual that when he talks about getting a refund, he's more concerned that there was no tracking information than the fact that he didn't receive two seperate shipments OF THE SAME ORDER? I know both shipments were shipped, and for someone to simply not receive such a large order not once, but twice, is highly unusual and rates in the "suspicious" category for me since I've never seen such a large order just simply go missing TWICE.

Now he speaks of "I was going to compromise with you and accept half of it back". Now envision you didn't receive a large order you paid $70 of your hard earned money. Would you be moving for a half refund or a full refund? The more Dennis speaks, the more I'm sure he received at least one of those shipments.

I'm not trying to point any unjust fingers, but keep in mind we're already in the loss category when we shipped Mr. Blankenship's replacement shipment, and now he says he didn't receive that either and wants a refund. Put yourself in my shoes.

im faster

Should Slow Down
I'm not "trying to cast doubt" on anyone. This is my side of this unfortunate occurrence. Would I still be casting doubt if my, and other's, suspicions are true about Mr. Blankenship? Do you not find it the least bit unusual that when he talks about getting a refund, he's more concerned that there was no tracking information than the fact that he didn't receive two seperate shipments OF THE SAME ORDER? I know both shipments were shipped, and for someone to simply not receive such a large order not once, but twice, is highly unusual and rates in the "suspicious" category for me since I've never seen such a large order just simply go missing TWICE.

Not trying to cast doubt you are calling me a thief!! plain and simple.
IF I HAD THE TRACKING NUMBER I WOULD KNOW WHERE THEY ARE!!
what the heck else can i ask you.
i emailed 20 times asking where the crickets were..

AND YOU DO NOT KNOW BOTH WERE SHIPPED. IF YOU DO PROVE IT! you have 3rd parties word. you dont know any more than i know if they were shipped out or not.

and i can say the same thing about you being suspicious you say you shipped 2 orders but have no proof. YOU MUST NOT HAVE SHIPPED THEM.

Now he speaks of "I was going to compromise with you and accept half of it back". Now envision you didn't receive a large order you paid $70 of your hard earned money. Would you be moving for a half refund or a full refund? The more Dennis speaks, the more I'm sure he received at least one of those shipments.

Youre Kidding me right. I WAS TRYING TO COMPRISE WITH YOU.. JUST TO BE RID OF YOU AND YOUR DECEITFUL SELF.
You are a horrible person and one sorry business owner.

IF YOU ARE SO SURE I RECIVIED SOMETHING THEN PROVE IT!
YOU ARE WRONG!

I'm not trying to point any unjust fingers, but keep in mind we're already in the loss category when we shipped Mr. Blankenship's replacement shipment, and now he says he didn't receive that either and wants a refund. Put yourself in my shoes.

IM IN MORE OF A LOSS THAN YOU! YOU PAID SHIPPING. I PAID $70.00 AND GOT NOTHING!

HOW ABOUT YOU HEAD YOUR OWN ADVICE. Put yourself in my shoes.

everyone here that puts there-self in your shoes wouldnt be stupid enough to ship something without a tracking number.

Small Pet Feeders

I would never want to put myself in your shoes, Dennis. I don't believe you, and your demeanor is far from controlled and honest. I will not continue this bickering. Good day to you.

-Dave
SPF

fl_orchidslave

This entire situation is very unprofessional. Both businesses are going to lose in this ordeal. Weather and holidays must be taken into account when ordering anything live, whether its bugs or lizards. Who is responsible in the case of any shipper delays? Ultimately it falls to the seller to handle any potential threats to their stock. There should never be a situation where a business is willing to overlook solid shipping methods. For instance, say you want to sell a gecko but the buyer says its okay to do priority mail at $5.20 instead of your standard overnight of $50, and you agree in order to save them $$ and make the sale. The animal arrives dead. So who is responsible? Altho this isn't the same situation, it's similar enough. It wasn't shipped correctly. After the loss of order #1, why not be certain order #2 is secure from the same fate and the customer ends up happy..........

Neither one of you are smelling like a rose right now.

KelliH

Please make sure your full names are either in your user profile, signature, or otherwise contained in any posts made in this forum, per the TOS. Any posts without that will be deleted shortly. Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends