NARBC Tinley Park '06

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Milwaukee Reptiles said:
I found out recently that rooms at the conference center are now full (Except for the $250/night suites...not going to happen), so I'll have to look for a different place nearby. I think If I can get a room about 10-15 out of tinley park it could be a lot more affordable (which means more geckos for me :) )

I'm also thinking about only going on saturday (Friday night) to save $100 worth of hotel charges.

We got a hotel like 6 miles from Tinley and it was about 50 bucks a night. Not too bad. Two large queen beds, we had 4 people total. This time, me and Ed are getting our own room tho! :)

crestedgeckogirly

RaiQuee said:
We got a hotel like 6 miles from Tinley and it was about 50 bucks a night. Not too bad. Two large queen beds, we had 4 people total. This time, me and Ed are getting our own room tho! :)

Which one did you stay at? I was looking into a Motel 8 in East Crest something...just wondering what kind of neighborhood it's in. Let me know if you don't mind...I'm planning on booking in the next week if I can find a place that is for sure 'safe'...LOL

-Andrea ;)

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Around the Tinley area is all pretty safe lol. Pretty good area at least I think. I really can't seem to recall what hotel we stayed at. Only thing I remember, is not to park under the trees because birds in Illy shit rainbows! :O I kid you not!

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
I have a question for people that went last year. What did you do with your animals on Sunday (assuming you bought some on Saturday, etc)? With hotel checkout at 11AM or noon, I would want to go to the show again Sunday but I'm not sure what to do with the animals. Will they let you bring them in with you?

Also, the site mentions pre-registering vs paying at the door, but it doesn't provide any information on how to do this.

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
Brian, I do not think that they will allow you to return with your animals. If you want I would hold them Saturday night or bring them into the show Sunday morning for you though.

As for the pre registering, I think that is for vendors.

I am waiting to hear from Bob Ashley as to which conference room we will be assigned. I think that the show closes at 5;30 saturday, I think that a good time for meeting would be at 7:30. That would give everyone a few hours to get something to eat and relax (maybe see their kids lol). Then we will all get together and shoot the breeze. We will have a cash bar available in the room also.
As soon as I hear about the room I'll post the info.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Please let me not be pregnant, please let me not be pregnant, PLEASE let me not be pregnant. It sounds like it's going to be lots of fun, but waddling around a few days past due would really suck.

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated. I was just worried that I'd have to be out of the hotel by 11AM sunday, but still be at the show (and I'm not leaving anything I buy in the car...). Although that is a good month and a half after school starts so I might be pretty poor, we'll have to see how much money I can blow on geckos :)

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Brian~

I bought my animals Saturday and came back in with them on Sunday. I had this tote thing that I carried them around with however. The biggest problem we had last year was the hotel room was FREEZING. We moved a table over and put on the heat putting the reptiles on that. They seemed to do fine. This year we may bring a couple boxes with some heat tape and a thermo. Who knows.

I will try and figure out that hotel, I can't remember for the life of me! (Nor the street, go figure)

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
from the site:
$125 per person before September 1st
$150 per person after September 1st
Your registration fee includes everything below!
- Admittance to the NARBC Reptile Expo ($15.00 value)
- Official NCGS T-Shirt! ($25.00 value)
- Thursday and Friday Talks featuring World Renowned Guest Speakers
- Thursday Night Banquet Dinner
- Fund Raiser Auction

So yeah, it is kind of pricy, not to mention you need another two days of hotel rooms. Although I do think it would be extremely interesting.

crestedgeckogirly

Yeah, it's a little pricy, but I think it'll be worth it.

I'm going to come up on Wed. night, and then check out Sat. morning...since I'm only staying for the first day of the NARBC anyway. So, I'm limiting it to 3 hotel nights. Just booked my rooms today, thankfully they still had some at Tinley Park available on those nights!!!!!

I'm not leaving until after classes on Wednesday, and thankfully, don't have classes on Thursday, so I'm only missing one day (Friday) of school. I don't think it'll be too much of an issue since I plan on talking to my professors about it prior.

Well, I hope some others will come. I think it will be really interesting. But, I look forward to meeting everyone Saturday night at Jeremy's get together regardless ;).

So, btw, stop by the symposium booth at the show and say hi to me...I'll be there w/my cresties...may have a couple blizzies for sale too...just depends on how big they are by the time of the show.

So, guess I'll see you guys there! I'm getting really excited about this!!

-Andrea ;)

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
Allen just added David Northcott as a speaker talking about macro photography.... damn that's killer. If I didn't have school I'd have to pony up the cash just for him and Aaron Bauer's talks. Hopefully someone who is going can share some of the info gathered.

nwheat

I have this great plan all worked out. My high school reunion is the weekend before Tinley. So I go to Ohio for that, then head to Chicago with my HS friends that live there (I've been wanting to visit them for years). Hit the symposium, the show, and get together with all you guys Sat night, then drive back to Rocky River with Felicia. Sounds perfect doesn't it? All it takes is money - lots of money. Oh, and time.

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
Alright, I have an update...

We will be meeting in suite "A" @ 7:30 pm on Saturday evening. :)

The show is over at 5:30 pm, this should give ample time to either take in the auction (always a fun time) or go grab a bite to eat. Than be back in time for the gathering. ;)

There will be a cash bar available, so bring your money and your ID if you would like an adult beverage. :D

We will be planning some actual activities as well as a free for all solocialization. lol :main_cool3:

I am looking forward to this very much. I plan to make the most of it and get to know as many of you as possible.

This is a co-hosted event. Brought to you by myself and Matthew Parks of Pangea Reptiles http://www.pangeareptile.com/index.htm. :main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Oh! I am soo excitied to get to meet Matthew... (I Already met you Jeremy! ) This will be fun! And I will be old enough to drink said adult beverage :D

Visit our friends